drank Chocolate Macaroon by DAVIDsTEA

I think I like it — it’s pretty nutty and kinda chocolatey and I really don’t mind the sugar (at least it’s not stevia) — but even though I put more than the recommended teaspoon and a quarter, it didn’t have enough tea in it. I think this would be nice if I mixed it with a strong black base, but none of my straight black teas at the moment seem like they’d do the trick. My friend had a kenyan black tea from david’s that I think would go well here, I think I’ll get a sample next time (maybe I’ll drag the boy there?) and try it out. :)

Hi! I’m a linguistics major at a certain infamous east coast tech school, I write, I rock climb, and I have a mild obsession with Diana Wynne Jones.

I’m also Russian, which means I’ve been drinking tea all my life — always loose leaf, and always black. Black teas are still my favorite, but of course I dabble in a bit of everything. I really like ceylon, I recently discovered puer, and I’m having a lot of fun exploring flavored black teas (and making silly fandom blends on adagio…).

My tea cabinet may or may not be accurate at the moment, as I am transitioning between locations…

Rating system (work in progress):
95 – Wow!
85 – My favorites. Cupboard staple material.
75 – Really good. Debating whether to keep it around…
65 – Quite pleasant, but not for me. I probably won’t (re)purchase.
55 – Just okay.