drank Chocolate Rocket by DAVIDsTEA

I had a free cup of tea for joining the frequent steeper program, so I tried this one iced today. It was pretty much what I expected, except with an unexpectedly chocolatey aftertaste. I think next time I go I’ll get a bit to try hot.

(People talk about mate being, like, super caffeinated all the time, but I haven’t ever noticed any particularly different effect after drinking it. Maybe I’m just not paying enough attention?)

Hi! I’m a linguistics major at a certain infamous east coast tech school, I write, I rock climb, and I have a mild obsession with Diana Wynne Jones.

I’m also Russian, which means I’ve been drinking tea all my life — always loose leaf, and always black. Black teas are still my favorite, but of course I dabble in a bit of everything. I really like ceylon, I recently discovered puer, and I’m having a lot of fun exploring flavored black teas (and making silly fandom blends on adagio…).

My tea cabinet may or may not be accurate at the moment, as I am transitioning between locations…

Rating system (work in progress):
95 – Wow!
85 – My favorites. Cupboard staple material.
75 – Really good. Debating whether to keep it around…
65 – Quite pleasant, but not for me. I probably won’t (re)purchase.
55 – Just okay.