This was more like a matcha shot. It was 4:15 yesterday, I needed to leave the house by 4:30 to go paddling. I’d meant to make a Matcha milkshake (like the one HesperJune mentioned earlier this week), but time was getting away from me… So, I poured a splash of almond milk in a wide-bottomed but small mug of mine, eyeballed about 1/4 tsp of matcha with a regular ol’ “silverware” teaspoon, stirred it up a bit, added more milk (about 5 oz total), frothed it up with a few short blasts of my Areolatte (the “moo” model), and gulped it down.

It was delicious, there were somehow NO lumps (which I’ve never had happen when trying to cold steep/electric whisk matcha), and it foamed up very well. Apparently Blue Diamond almond milk is better than Silk and So Delicious at frothing even when cold. Score!

And what’s better, I had plenty of energy and a great time paddling (flatwater lake. I don’t do rivers).

I think there will be many more cold matcha lattes in my future now that I know I can successfully whip one up and drink it down in 5 min. flat!

Iced 0 min, 30 sec
Janefan

It could’ve had a stronger flavor though. It was an even balance between almond and matcha. Maybe next time I’ll double the matcha to get that lovely green color and flavor.

Hesper June

Sounds tasty:-)

Comments

Janefan

Hesper June

Sounds tasty:-)

I enjoy reading, paddling (kayak and SUP), eating local food, and drinking tea, of course!

Greensboro, NC