drank Pleine Lune by Mariage Frères

It’s nutty and flowery. Not quite sure what to make of it. I only had a 1tsp sample that came from overseas in a swap. There’s a bit of a bitter edge to it, but I may have oversteeped since the color was somewhat light (chestnut brown) so I went all the way to 5 min. Smelt very sweet, like caramel/vanilla and honey, but only the flowery taste seemed to come through. Added a bit of sugar and almond milk. Wouldn’t go out of my way to have it again.

Janefan

The dried blue flowers (probably mallow flowers) in both this and Teavana’s Earl Grey Creme seem to really put me off. They are so perfume-y that in the EG they turned my stomach and gave me a headache. There’s less in this cup, but enough to annoy me. No more mallow for me. Too bad it is often added but not mentioned as an ingredient in the tea description! (ex. Teavana)

Janefan

Mallow supposedly has a lot of positive medicinal uses however. I just don’t like it :( http://www.phytochemicals.info/plants/mallow.php

Comments

Janefan

Avid reader, tea drinker, Anglophile