Used a real teaspoon not my “perfect teaspoon” and it came out lighter, which is good for me. But, I brain-cramped and steeped it for 5 min, which is a minute too long. There’s a touch of bitterness. Honey & milk helped but I will give it 4 next time!

(I really need to start low-balling my tea timer to take into acct the time it takes me to set the timer, and more importantly the times it takes me to register it’s beeping, get off the couch and mosey into the kitchen, and remove the basket. Most of the tea I drink is fairly forgiving, but for the strong blacks, I need to be more careful!)

Janefan

This was an 8oz mug. The teaspoon size/cup size discussion is here: http://steepster.com/discuss/2123-teaspoon-per-cup-6-or-8-oz

LiberTEAS

I find that with this particular blend, a lower temperature works. 200 degrees F for 3 minutes is usually perfect for my taste buds.

Comments

Janefan

LiberTEAS