Ok, I finally found an evening when I was in the right mood, and eating the right food, to try this one.

Brewed for 3 min but it looked too light so I added 1 more. Looks the same. A lovely red-orange that I would associate more with rooibos than black tea.

the smell is sweet, tea-like, with a hint of spice and pepper. it doesn’t scream “I’m a liquid pizza” like I thought it would, which is good I guess. I made a sundried tomato, italian sausage, zucchini and mozzarella frittata for dinner, and then the lightbulb went on over my head and told me it was finally time to try this tea.

The taste is a similar blend of sweet, smoky, and spicy that complements the italian seasoning and black pepper on my meal. I think I like it. Funny, but my favorite 52teas blend is still the maple bacon black. And my favorite tea of 2011 was Carnival by Sanctuary T, which also has spicy and almost savory notes due to the cumin, coriander, and peppercorns in it. My tastes buds are full of surprises. Or maybe they just like surprises?

Oh this sounds so good and so right up my ally

Janefan

It’s good/ More subdued than I was expecting, but I think that’s a good think. Some teas are breakfast teas, some are dessert teas. This is a solid dinner tea :-)

RachanaC (Rachel)-iHeartTeas

Wish I had the courage to buy this when I had the chance.

The DJBooth

Hmmmm I may have to add the Maple bacon to the list now as well.

Comments

RachanaC (Rachel)-iHeartTeas

Oh this sounds so good and so right up my ally

Janefan

RachanaC (Rachel)-iHeartTeas

Wish I had the courage to buy this when I had the chance.

The DJBooth

Hmmmm I may have to add the Maple bacon to the list now as well.

I enjoy reading, paddling (kayak and SUP), eating local food, and drinking tea, of course!

Greensboro, NC