Comes in a clear pot and immediately the smooth and deep purple and red liquor is already calming but slightly upbeat. Swirling at the bottom is a cornucopia or fruit pieces and tiny rose buds. The aroma is sweet and slightly floral, very fresh. The tangyness of the pear cascades first, but it is trailed closely by traces of the carrot and rose cleaning and tantalizing your palate simultaneously. The mango is seemingly absent but that’s okay, the rest of the flavors carry the tea nicely. All of this is finished off with a tone of the black tea that is artfully sweet but subtle. Having it chilled with ice is a nice touch. And all the fruit in the pitcher is edible too, that is except for the rose flower buds. Don’t munch on those.

I’m one of the people behind Steepster!

I really like oolongs but I’m open to pretty much anything (although I’m still hesitant of pu-erh). Either way, any tea that expands my tastes, teaches me something, or promotes a love of tea is a winner in my book. If you have any questions, shoot an email to [email protected] or PM me.

Brooklyn, NY