At first, the aroma is very pungent and the deep chocolate smells emanate strongly from the dark colored liquor. I added a little milk and honey to soften the kick of the black tea flavor. Upon tasting I was definitely surprised, but a little disappointed. The chocolate hits you hard and fast but its more of a harsh malty chocolate flavor than a smooth milky chocolate flavor. I can maybe get a hint of the strawberry in the aftertaste and the vanilla softens the blow of the chocolate, but the chocolate remains king. Its quite powerful and lingers even after you have finished the sip. I actually found this aftertaste to be the truest chocolate flavor and most enjoyable of the tea. Overall it was a decent experience, but being that I prefer softer more fruity teas and blends, I don’t think I would come back to this. But if you like darker richer blacks, this could be a nice treat for you.

I’m one of the people behind Steepster!

I really like oolongs but I’m open to pretty much anything (although I’m still hesitant of pu-erh). Either way, any tea that expands my tastes, teaches me something, or promotes a love of tea is a winner in my book. If you have any questions, shoot an email to [email protected] or PM me.

Brooklyn, NY