The one! I found MY Puerh. This tea fooled me when I first opened the bag ‘Ooops I opened my silver needle white tea bag!’ then I smelled something different.. ‘Is this the silver needle puerh?… IT IS!’ It looks like a silver needle white tea with a slightly bitter-sweet fruity scent coming from the dry buds.

This one is my favorite because to me it captures bits of my favorite traits in different teas. Subtle in all aspects and yet complicated to the palate. I holds rock sugar sweetness that opens into a more fruity melon like sweetness, floral but never overwhelming in scent or taste, it has some of the bitterness you would expect from a good Sheng but it’s an undertone to its sweetness.

It becomes floral and has a good lasting aftertaste that is sweet, fruity and floral with a eucalyptus freshness in the back of the throat. The wet buds smell sweet and bitter with hints of citrus fruit peel. This tea doesn’t change much over course of the multiple steeps it can take but rather seems to offer a limitless supply of steeps, keeping the subtlety in its notes.

This is the kind of tea that has me smelling my cup after every steep. I’d recommend it to both Sheng lovers and newcomers alike. If you prefer ‘rougher’ notes then this might not be the one for you, but if you appreciate balanced and aged, this is your Sheng.

Boiling

Discovered tea a few years ago and I’ve been exploring ever since. I’m looking forward to keep learning and enjoy tea as I do. Keep learning, those who “know” stop learning and become irrelevant to the world.

I’m adding the scale because I noted that we all use the same system but it doesn’t mean the same to all.(I rate the tea not by how much I ‘like it’ only; there are flavors/scents I don’t like but they are quality and are how they are supposed to be and I rate them as such).

90 – 100: AMAZING. This the tea I feel you should drop whatever you are doing and just enjoy.

80-89: Great tea that I would recommend because they are above ‘average’ tea, they usually posses that ‘something’ extra that separates them from the rest.

70-79: An OK tea, still good quality, taste and smell. For me usually the tea that I have at work for everyday use but I can still appreciate and get me going through my day.

60-69: Average nothing special and quality is not high. The tea you make and don’t worry about the EXACT time of steep because you just want tea.

30-59: The tea you should probably avoid, the tea that you can mostly use for iced tea and ‘hide’ what you don’t like.

1-29: Caveat emptor! I feel sorry for my enemies when they drink this tea. :P