Quick Notes at Work
Thanks again to Amy Oh for sharing with me , I really appreciate it :)

The leaves smell faintly sweet but after a quick wash you can smell the sweetness and some of that slight raw puerh bitterness that is floral. I love Silver Bud Puerhs because it has all the characteristics of a Sheng in the most subtle of ways. Its complex simplicity if that makes sense.

The liquor is darker than I expected, specially for a younger puerh. It has an orange hue with slightly lively still. It smells sweet and slightly floral. It tastes sweet, mellow and smooth. I notice the slightest bit of astringency as it washes down but it may be because of the hairs in the bud (need a fine filter for work I guess).

The after taste is sweet and slightly floral, a little bit ‘juicy’ but also taste ‘greener’ like a Yunnan Silver Needle would taste like. Reminds me of Yunnan’s Sourcing’s ‘Jing Gu “White Pekoe Silver Needles” White Tea’ I bought once.

Overall a good Puerh, If you don’t mind younger Puerh or are too afraid to start with them I would try this one. I feel like it needs more aging, it still has some of its greener taste to it. I would Buy and store it ;)

Boiling

Discovered tea a few years ago and I’ve been exploring ever since. I’m looking forward to keep learning and enjoy tea as I do. Keep learning, those who “know” stop learning and become irrelevant to the world.

I’m adding the scale because I noted that we all use the same system but it doesn’t mean the same to all.(I rate the tea not by how much I ‘like it’ only; there are flavors/scents I don’t like but they are quality and are how they are supposed to be and I rate them as such).

90 – 100: AMAZING. This the tea I feel you should drop whatever you are doing and just enjoy.

80-89: Great tea that I would recommend because they are above ‘average’ tea, they usually posses that ‘something’ extra that separates them from the rest.

70-79: An OK tea, still good quality, taste and smell. For me usually the tea that I have at work for everyday use but I can still appreciate and get me going through my day.

60-69: Average nothing special and quality is not high. The tea you make and don’t worry about the EXACT time of steep because you just want tea.

30-59: The tea you should probably avoid, the tea that you can mostly use for iced tea and ‘hide’ what you don’t like.

1-29: Caveat emptor! I feel sorry for my enemies when they drink this tea. :P