I had this one yesterday after returning from the weekend market in my city. It had unexpectedly warmed up (oh March/April in Tasmania, so unpredictable!), so the boyfriend and I decided iced tea was the way to go. I did his Pink Flamingo in the steeper, so I made mine in a cocktail shaker (so easy, the best lazy iced tea option – just chuck everything in, water, ice tea sweetner etc, shake to mix and leave to steep for the required time then pour!). It was pretty warm yesterday, so I ended up having almost three different steeps in one brew!

I poured my first one after 5 minutes. The flavour in the first steep was a bit mild, almost like a gentle green. I could taste the tartness, as well as a bit of sweetness (not sure if it was the strawberry or the agave I added…). The colour was a mild pink, almost a salmon pink. I topped up the glass at 8 and 12 minutes with the remainder of the shaker contents. The colour and flavour became increasingly strong, the tartness and sweetness were more pronounced and the tea became tastier. I enjoyed all the flavour levels, but think the stronger one was best.

Overall opinion? Tasty as an iced tea (will have to try hot), especially when left (or forgotten!) to steep. Not as good as Pink Flamingo, and while I enjoyed it I don’t think I’d order some (not worth the international shipping), though I’d probably grab a cup or two if I lived closer to a DT!

I remember getting my first cup of tea at about the age of 8. Just a standard run of the mill black, with some sugar and milk to make it palatable to an 8year old. But a love was born and I’ve never looked back!

I’ve always appreciated the quality of loose leaf, and thanks to the discovery of the fanatastic gadgets at DavidsTea while on holiday, the tea obsession has grown! Is it weird to be ordering tea and having it sent half way around the world?

I’d love to do some tea swaps with people to try new teas. I have a bit of a DavidsTea range for any Australians interested in trying some DT goodness minus international postage fees!

Ive just started working at The Art of Tea , a small Tasmanian company. They dont currently ship overseas, but im more than happy to arrange swaps with people. their full product listing can be found here: http://www.artoftea.com.au/. (December 2012).

Australia