drank Checkmate by DAVIDsTEA

My order arrived yesterday! I say my order, but in all honesty I’ve been sharing the DT love with others that 7 over people went in on it with me. Pretty impressive stuff from the other side of the planet.

But on to checkmate! I got is one based on the description and people’s reviews, it sounded pretty tasty. I had my first cup last night, steeped for around 5 minutes at 90oC. Was really quite yummy, I could taste a prominent malt flavour, with a slight aftertaste of chocolate. I can also still identify the white and black teas, both of which are very nice to drink. Was an enjoyable first cup.

Resteeped the leaves this morning at boiling for around the same time. The coconut is more prominent on the nose at the higher temperature. The flavours are actually more subtle at the higher temp.

I quite like this one. Not a mind blowing experience, but still very tasty. Will enjoy finishing my 50g bag.

I remember getting my first cup of tea at about the age of 8. Just a standard run of the mill black, with some sugar and milk to make it palatable to an 8year old. But a love was born and I’ve never looked back!

I’ve always appreciated the quality of loose leaf, and thanks to the discovery of the fanatastic gadgets at DavidsTea while on holiday, the tea obsession has grown! Is it weird to be ordering tea and having it sent half way around the world?

I’d love to do some tea swaps with people to try new teas. I have a bit of a DavidsTea range for any Australians interested in trying some DT goodness minus international postage fees!

Ive just started working at The Art of Tea , a small Tasmanian company. They dont currently ship overseas, but im more than happy to arrange swaps with people. their full product listing can be found here: http://www.artoftea.com.au/. (December 2012).

Australia