This one has come highly recommended by Winter Salo, so lets see how its goes.

Did this one up this morning in my TImolino before leaving for work. Gave it about 6 mins in boiling water, added a touch of agave. It went quite pink while steeping.

Ok, just opened the Timolino. Smells really good, not sure what of though. Can smeel sweetness, and some tart. First sip – initial thought was “this is a bit like DavidsTea’s Bear trap”. There’s a similar tart flavour to Bear Trap, but less prominent. This one is more sweet.
Still getting the Bear Trap after a few more sips, hmm, very tasty! Getting a sweet after-taste now, a nice hit in the back of the mouth.

I’m going to hold off on a proper rating for this one, because I’m already sensing its going to come alive iced.

A note on RHTB teas – I’m finding that these teas tend to have a more subtle flavour to them, a more authentic taste which I’m quite enjoying. I can certainly appreciate the lack of artificial flavouring, unlike some other brands I’ve tried, it really makes a difference. Good job guys!

ashmanra

I also found their teas to be very natural yet full of flavor! I have only had a few, but they were quite good.

TassieTeaGirl

I haven’t had many either, I got a small parcel of samples and this is the third one I’ve tried, but I’m really impressed with the quality thus far.

The Rabbit Hole

Thanks for your comments everyone and i’m glad the more subtle flavours are hitting the spot. I love the Ruby Zing iced @tassieteagirl with a splash of fresh watermelon juice!!!

Comments

ashmanra

TassieTeaGirl

The Rabbit Hole

I remember getting my first cup of tea at about the age of 8. Just a standard run of the mill black, with some sugar and milk to make it palatable to an 8year old. But a love was born and I’ve never looked back!

I’ve always appreciated the quality of loose leaf, and thanks to the discovery of the fanatastic gadgets at DavidsTea while on holiday, the tea obsession has grown! Is it weird to be ordering tea and having it sent half way around the world?

I’d love to do some tea swaps with people to try new teas. I have a bit of a DavidsTea range for any Australians interested in trying some DT goodness minus international postage fees!

Ive just started working at The Art of Tea , a small Tasmanian company. They dont currently ship overseas, but im more than happy to arrange swaps with people. their full product listing can be found here: http://www.artoftea.com.au/. (December 2012).

Australia