I had a sip of this one out of the other half’s cup at one point, and it was quite tasty. Today it was time to try my own.

Oh dear. The black base went bitter. I didn’t think I’d left it in for that long (though I didn’t time it). Added 2 teaspoons of sugar, can still taste the bitterness.

Oh bugger. Might have to tip this and try again later at home. No rating until I steep it correctly.

I remember getting my first cup of tea at about the age of 8. Just a standard run of the mill black, with some sugar and milk to make it palatable to an 8year old. But a love was born and I’ve never looked back!

I’ve always appreciated the quality of loose leaf, and thanks to the discovery of the fanatastic gadgets at DavidsTea while on holiday, the tea obsession has grown! Is it weird to be ordering tea and having it sent half way around the world?

I’d love to do some tea swaps with people to try new teas. I have a bit of a DavidsTea range for any Australians interested in trying some DT goodness minus international postage fees!

Ive just started working at The Art of Tea , a small Tasmanian company. They dont currently ship overseas, but im more than happy to arrange swaps with people. their full product listing can be found here: http://www.artoftea.com.au/. (December 2012).

Australia