I’m obsessed with my new cast iron teapot, and seeing how it may not fit in my luggage back to Boston, I brewed up a nice strong pot of this English Breakfast this morning. The day was a bit draining, so I resteeped when I got back. Unfortunately, I only have enough tea left for one more cuppa :(

Anna

There is always room for tea and teaware. There might not be room for shoes or clothes or other inconsequential things, but that’s beside the point.

Jennkay

Haha true! I’ll just wear all my winter clothes onto the plane :P

Comments

Anna

Jennkay

Haha true! I’ll just wear all my winter clothes onto the plane :P

I’m a California girl temporarily located in Boston for school (brrr). I only recently got into teas because I’ve never really liked coffee (too bitter), but I have been a daily barley tea drinker since I was little.

Through some timid tastings and exploring, I so far like:
-Japanese green teas (genmaicha, hojicha, sencha, etc)
-Oolongs! (Most kinds except formosa and dan cong so far)
-Straight black teas
-English Breakfast teas
-Fruity teas (peach, apple, strawberry, other berries)

NOT a huge fan of rooibos, matcha, heavily artificial tasting teas, or anything gingery or peppery, but I’m trying to keep an open mind and taste everything that I can!

I’m trying to sample more straight teas and have been having pretty awesome discoveries so far. Thank goodness for sample sizes!

My tentative rating system:
90-100: Woohoo! I’m loving it, and I’m definitely restocking when I get the chance and/or crying when I’m out.

80-90: Yum! I’ll try to restock if it fits in my budget when I run out.

70-80: Probably would not buy again, but it was nice enough to finish the cup.

50-70: Would not choose this tea for myself if given the situation, but would not reject it if someone offered it to me and would gulp down politely.

50 or less: Nope. Don’t care to taste that tea again, sorry!

I’m always down to swap, so send me a message if anything in my cupboard is calling your name!