Amidst the cold weather and crazy classes, I got my swap from Courtney in the mail today! So I celebrated by immediately brewing this tea. I wasn’t quite getting all the intricate flavors that are listed on Verdant’s site for this tea, but then again, it took me a few cups to find the flavors in Laoshan Black in the past as well. What I did get from this tea was a very robust flavor that makes me think that this will be a great tea to wake up in the mornings. I plan on savoring the rest of my sample and hopefully figuring out the right steeping conditions for me!

Yay! Enjoy :)

Comments

Courtney

Yay! Enjoy :)

I’m a California girl temporarily located in Boston for school (brrr). I only recently got into teas because I’ve never really liked coffee (too bitter), but I have been a daily barley tea drinker since I was little.

Through some timid tastings and exploring, I so far like:
-Japanese green teas (genmaicha, hojicha, sencha, etc)
-Oolongs! Especially more roasty/darker ones
-English Breakfast teas
-Fruity teas (peach, apple, strawberry, other berries)

NOT a huge fan of rooibos, heavily artificial tasting teas, or anything gingery or peppery, but I’m trying to keep an open mind and taste everything that I can!

I’m trying to sample more straight teas and have been having pretty awesome discoveries so far. Thank goodness for sample sizes!

My tentative rating system:
90-100: Woohoo! I’m loving it, and I’m definitely restocking when I get the chance and/or crying when I’m out.

80-90: Yum! I’ll try to restock if it fits in my budget when I run out.

70-80: Probably would not buy again, but it was nice enough to finish the cup.

50-70: Would not choose this tea for myself if given the situation, but would not reject it if someone offered it to me and would gulp down politely.

50 or less: Nope. Don’t care to taste that tea again, sorry!

I’m always down to swap, so send me a message if anything in my cupboard is calling your name!