drank JavaVana Mate by Teavana

Tea & Cards TTB #2
Today was a caffeine kind of day, so I gave this one a try. I actually love coffee-flavored things, but can’t drink coffee itself because it is too bitter and the caffeine makes me jittery. I think that this tea helps me with both of my problems with coffee! It has that coffee flavor without being bitter or forcing me to add sweetener. I could definitely tell that it has more caffeine than my other usual teas, but much less than coffee. I may have to buy some of this for when I need a real jump start in the mornings!

Kat_Maria

You know, I might as well send you the rest of what I have of this because, honestly, I HATED it :D I knew that there would be people out there liking it, though. That’s why I decided to pass it along and see who these people are ;)

Jennkay

Haha, well if you really want to pass it off, I’m wiling to take it off your hands!

Comments

Kat_Maria

Jennkay

I’m a California girl temporarily located in Boston for school (brrr). I only recently got into teas because I’ve never really liked coffee (too bitter), but I have been a daily barley tea drinker since I was little.

Through some timid tastings and exploring, I so far like:
-Japanese green teas (genmaicha, hojicha, sencha, etc)
-Oolongs! Especially more roasty/darker ones
-English Breakfast teas
-Fruity teas (peach, apple, strawberry, other berries)

NOT a huge fan of rooibos, heavily artificial tasting teas, or anything gingery or peppery, but I’m trying to keep an open mind and taste everything that I can!

I’m trying to sample more straight teas and have been having pretty awesome discoveries so far. Thank goodness for sample sizes!

My tentative rating system:
90-100: Woohoo! I’m loving it, and I’m definitely restocking when I get the chance and/or crying when I’m out.

80-90: Yum! I’ll try to restock if it fits in my budget when I run out.

70-80: Probably would not buy again, but it was nice enough to finish the cup.

50-70: Would not choose this tea for myself if given the situation, but would not reject it if someone offered it to me and would gulp down politely.

50 or less: Nope. Don’t care to taste that tea again, sorry!

I’m always down to swap, so send me a message if anything in my cupboard is calling your name!