So the last time I had this tea, I suspected that it would taste much better as an iced tea. I’m pleased to report that I was right! I dropped two tea bags into my water bottle, filled it up, and left it chilling in the fridge for a few hours. The resulting tea is this bright pink-red juice, basically. It starts off with a tart note from the hibiscus and then leaves with a more subtle raspberry flavor. Again, I’m not getting “rose” out of this tea, but it was a nice, tangy, refreshing iced tea. My only complaint so far other than the rose thing is that there seemed to be something a bit missing. Maybe next time, I’ll try three teabags or adding a simple syrup to give it a bit more substance.

Flavors: Berries

__Morgana__

And now I’m missing Downton Abbey! (They really need to make these BBC series seasons longer ;-).)

Jennkay

Seriously! I thought Downton Abbey was short… Then I started watching Sherlock, haha.

Comments

__Morgana__

Jennkay

I’m a California girl temporarily located in Boston for school (brrr). I only recently got into teas because I’ve never really liked coffee (too bitter), but I have been a daily barley tea drinker since I was little.

Through some timid tastings and exploring, I so far like:
-Japanese green teas (genmaicha, hojicha, sencha, etc)
-Oolongs! (Most kinds except formosa and dan cong so far)
-Straight black teas
-English Breakfast teas
-Fruity teas (peach, apple, strawberry, other berries)

NOT a huge fan of rooibos, matcha, heavily artificial tasting teas, or anything gingery or peppery, but I’m trying to keep an open mind and taste everything that I can!

I’m trying to sample more straight teas and have been having pretty awesome discoveries so far. Thank goodness for sample sizes!

My tentative rating system:
90-100: Woohoo! I’m loving it, and I’m definitely restocking when I get the chance and/or crying when I’m out.

80-90: Yum! I’ll try to restock if it fits in my budget when I run out.

70-80: Probably would not buy again, but it was nice enough to finish the cup.

50-70: Would not choose this tea for myself if given the situation, but would not reject it if someone offered it to me and would gulp down politely.

50 or less: Nope. Don’t care to taste that tea again, sorry!

I’m always down to swap, so send me a message if anything in my cupboard is calling your name!