I got this one today, in a swap from irishgirlieknits. I panicked a bit, when I saw it. Totally not expecting peppercorns in this blend, and all I could smell from the bag was chai. It really threw me off.

I brewed it up anyway, and anxiously waited while it steeped. I didn’t see brewing instructions anywhere, so I tried a four minute infusion.

I tasted caramel from the very first sip. So good! And there’s a bit of heat, from the peppercorns, that gives this herbal tea a bit more depth than I had anticipated. The caramel flavor got more intense as the tea cooled, and I am just sitting down for a second steep now. I am really looking forward to drinking the rest of this sample, and could see myself ordering this in the future. It’s nice to have a delicious, caffeine-free evening treat.

Stephanie

Sounds good

jessiwrites

It is very good! I would really like to try a third steep, because the second one was still excellent, but… the thought of cold-brewing these leaves is tempting, also. Gah, decisions!

Marcel Duchamp

I like this one but I didn’t taste any sea salt in the mix. The caramel taste was really good especially for an herbal blend though.

jessiwrites

Yes, the fact that this one is an herbal totally impresses me. I don’t get much of a sea salt flavor, either, but I’m still loving the taste of the caramel.

Marcel Duchamp

That’s exactly how I felt about this tea as well.

Comments

Stephanie

Sounds good

Marcel Duchamp

That’s exactly how I felt about this tea as well.

Writer, photographer, tea drinker.

Saskatchewan, Canada