So, as a tea newbie, I want to tell my story about these pearls. First of all, I am a complete genius because I figured that I could just dump the little pearls in my cup without a strainer or tea ball. Not really realizing that these balls unfurl and they look like normal tea afterwards, so in fear of an acid cup, I quickly went to work with a plastic spoon to fish the little pearl bits out. I was not entirely successful as I have a collection of leaves at the bottom of my cup. Oh well.

It smells delicious, like honey, jasmine and honeysuckle. It produces an amber cup. I obviously steeped for way too long so there’s a bit of an odd dry taste at the end of the sip, but overall it’s quite pleasant. I think next time, I’ll try 1 pearl in my standard ball strainer because they expand! And also, it’s much more economical as these babies are expensive (thankfully purchased on sale but god forbid I go through my 100grams and need more).

I recently discovered loose leaf tea and am already addicted (much to my husband’s dismay)! I prefer fruity teas iced and savory teas hot. Looking forward to drinking and chatting.

Some likes/dislikes I’ve been noticing:

Likes:
Pineapple
Jasmine
Fruity White Teas
Assam Black

Dislikes:
Spicy flavors unless in chai
astringent black teas

For my own reference, I’m only placing “full size” teas in my cupboard.

DC/Metro