So, as a tea newbie, I want to tell my story about these pearls. First of all, I am a complete genius because I figured that I could just dump the little pearls in my cup without a strainer or tea ball. Not really realizing that these balls unfurl and they look like normal tea afterwards, so in fear of an acid cup, I quickly went to work with a plastic spoon to fish the little pearl bits out. I was not entirely successful as I have a collection of leaves at the bottom of my cup. Oh well.

It smells delicious, like honey, jasmine and honeysuckle. It produces an amber cup. I obviously steeped for way too long so there’s a bit of an odd dry taste at the end of the sip, but overall it’s quite pleasant. I think next time, I’ll try 1 pearl in my standard ball strainer because they expand! And also, it’s much more economical as these babies are expensive (thankfully purchased on sale but god forbid I go through my 100grams and need more).

I recently discovered loose leaf tea and am already addicted (much to my husband’s dismay)! I prefer fruity teas iced and savory teas hot. Looking forward to drinking and chatting.

Some likes/dislikes I’ve been noticing:

Fruity White Teas
lighters Blacks
Most Oolongs (especially greener varieties)
dessert teas
tisanes iced that don’t require added sweetener

Spicy flavors unless in chai
astringent black teas
heavy ginger teas
teas with licorice (as primary ingredients – somehow I like some where the licorice is in the back drop)
heavily oxidized oolongs

For my own reference, I’m only placing “full size” teas in my cupboard.