(blah blah Della Terra sale – yup I get sucked in a lot)

Ever since the weather got colder, I have been really into cinnamon. Maybe it was the little push from my Secret Pumpkin with a whole bunch of cinnamon teas but something about it has been extra comforting. Every night I come home, I make at least a mug of tea. Tonight I started out with Della Terra Red Velvet Delight Rooibos (it’s ok) and then I decided to open this one. It smells very similar to Cinnamon Crackle though with a rooibos base.

As far as tasting is concerned, it’s slightly less fiery than the Cinnamon Crackle, BUT, it does pack a bit of a punch. I can feel it on the roof of my mouth. It tastes, similarly to CC like big red gum or sweet red hots. Again, I don’t know why I’m addicted to all things spicy at the moment but this sure is hitting the spot.

2 tsp in my 16oz steeping mug + sweetener

I recently discovered loose leaf tea and am already addicted (much to my husband’s dismay)! I prefer fruity teas iced and savory teas hot. Looking forward to drinking and chatting.

Some likes/dislikes I’ve been noticing:

Likes:
Pineapple
Jasmine
Fruity White Teas
lighters Blacks
Most Oolongs (especially greener varieties)
dessert teas
tisanes iced that don’t require added sweetener

Dislikes:
Spicy flavors unless in chai
astringent black teas
heavy ginger teas
teas with licorice (as primary ingredients – somehow I like some where the licorice is in the back drop)
heavily oxidized oolongs

For my own reference, I’m only placing “full size” teas in my cupboard.

DC/Metro