(blah blah Della Terra sale – yup I get sucked in a lot)

Ever since the weather got colder, I have been really into cinnamon. Maybe it was the little push from my Secret Pumpkin with a whole bunch of cinnamon teas but something about it has been extra comforting. Every night I come home, I make at least a mug of tea. Tonight I started out with Della Terra Red Velvet Delight Rooibos (it’s ok) and then I decided to open this one. It smells very similar to Cinnamon Crackle though with a rooibos base.

As far as tasting is concerned, it’s slightly less fiery than the Cinnamon Crackle, BUT, it does pack a bit of a punch. I can feel it on the roof of my mouth. It tastes, similarly to CC like big red gum or sweet red hots. Again, I don’t know why I’m addicted to all things spicy at the moment but this sure is hitting the spot.

2 tsp in my 16oz steeping mug + sweetener

I recently discovered loose leaf tea and am already addicted (much to my husband’s dismay)! I prefer fruity teas iced and savory teas hot. Looking forward to drinking and chatting.

Some likes/dislikes I’ve been noticing:

Fruity White Teas
lighters Blacks
Most Oolongs (especially greener varieties)
dessert teas
tisanes iced that don’t require added sweetener

Spicy flavors unless in chai
astringent black teas
heavy ginger teas
teas with licorice (as primary ingredients – somehow I like some where the licorice is in the back drop)
heavily oxidized oolongs

For my own reference, I’m only placing “full size” teas in my cupboard.