So I don’t know what I’m doing wrong, or my palate is far less sophisticated and nuanced than all the other reviews, but I used 2 heaping teaspoons in my 16oz steeping mug and steeped for close to 10 minutes and it was not sweet. So I added sweetener and then I could finally taste the bananas. There’s a bit of a chocolatey undertone when you sip and you can almost taste alcohol. I’m not sure that’s intentional but it is named after a dessert that contains rum so it wouldn’t be wrong to add a slight alcohol taste.

I’m enjoying my mug of it this evening. I bought a few ounces during the sale and I can see myself reaching for it with some regularity though I’m not sure it will remain a cupboard staple.

Boiling 8 min or more
Dexter

I didn’t really get a lot of chocolate or banana with this one either. Was just ok for me….

Comments

Dexter

I recently discovered loose leaf tea and am already addicted (much to my husband’s dismay)! I prefer fruity teas iced and savory teas hot. Looking forward to drinking and chatting.

Some likes/dislikes I’ve been noticing:

Likes:
Pineapple
Jasmine
Fruity White Teas
lighters Blacks
Most Oolongs (especially greener varieties)
dessert teas
tisanes iced that don’t require added sweetener

Dislikes:
Spicy flavors unless in chai
astringent black teas
heavy ginger teas
teas with licorice (as primary ingredients – somehow I like some where the licorice is in the back drop)
heavily oxidized oolongs

For my own reference, I’m only placing “full size” teas in my cupboard.

DC/Metro