A good way to make this seem much better than it is (to me) is to make it my first cup of real tea in a full week.

I still don’t like drinking flowers, though.

Floral teas are not really among my favorites, either

Jim Marks

That’s because it isn’t good :-)

ScottTeaMan

Huh?….Oh man, I love a good Jasmine tea —ie Jasmine Pearls. I don’t drink it every day, it wouldn’t be as special if I did.

ScottTeaMan

RoT has some good blends, and I haven’t tried their loose teas, but I find I need two teabags sometimes-even for average size cups. I think their loose teas are a little high when compared to the competition’s prices. They spend too much on packaging and looking good.

Jim Marks

I just hate flowers. The smell gives me a headache. Whether it is growing on the plant, crushed into a perfume, or scented onto a tea. It just isn’t for me.

I get RoT in bulk bin canisters from my local snootsville grocery store, so the packaging and whatnot has been taken from the equation. It is still pricy, but it saves me shipping costs compared to ordering online. I haven’t found a dedicated tea retailer in Houston that sells anything I actually want to buy, yet, so I get these loose RoT as daily drinkers and save the online order materials for the more occasional cup.

But yes, their tea bags are awful.

ScottTeaMan

I’ve only tried their teabags and just don’t like the fluff with their marketing. I think that’s another reason I avoid their loose teas.

TeaBrat

@Jim my local Whole foods has some pretty nice quality teas in bulk from the Silk Road. Do you know if yours does?

ashmanra

I don’t remember seeing bulk tea at the WF near my son, but I will def check it out Monday when I drive up there!

Jim Marks

I’ve never seen their marketing.

Our WF’s seem to focus on Rishi as their provider of loose teas.

Comments

TeaBrat

Floral teas are not really among my favorites, either

Jim Marks

That’s because it isn’t good :-)

Jim Marks

But yes, their tea bags are awful.

ashmanra

Jim Marks

I’ve never seen their marketing.

Our WF’s seem to focus on Rishi as their provider of loose teas.

I am rarely, if ever, active here. But I do return from time to time to talk about a very special tea I’ve come across.

You can hear the music I compose here:

I have a chapter in this book of popular philosophy

I blog about cooking here https://dungeonsandkitchens.wordpress.com

I blog about composing music and gardening here

Houston, TX