I got my first Butiki order in the mail today! It came at a perfect time b/c I had a major caffeine headache this afternoon. I decided to try this tea first due to the high caffeine content. To be honest, I didn’t taste much vanilla as the name of this tea suggests. I tasted mint, lots of mint. I like mint, so I was ok with that. I read on the Butiki website to add a little sugar to bring out the vanilla. I usually don’t add anything to the teas I drink. I threw caution to the wind and added a bit of sugar. Whoa! There’s the vanilla I was looking for! All in all, a very enjoyable tea.

Babble

Thanks for the heads up. I’d probably brew it straight too and think “where’s the vanilla?”. I don’t like adding sweetener to my tea if I can help it, but if that’s how you bring out the vanilla, so be it..

julesbean

Ya. I never add sugar to tea. But I really wasn’t getting a vanilla flavor. I added a little sugar & voila…….vanilla!

Comments

Babble

julesbean

I am very new to tea. I’ve recently discovered loose leaf tea and am loving the quality of it compared to store bought tea. I’m looking forward to learning as much as I can from this resourceful site.

In my free time I enjoy knitting, reading, hiking, and music.

Virginia