Okay so the last time I had this tea was way long ago when I was sorta new to a whole lot of different types of tea. I’ve been drinking Jasmine for so long I like… I never really drank blacks and whites and I didn’t know how those types of teas were supposed to taste like. So I’ve decided to revisit this one because I haven’t had it in so long! My first impression of it wasn’t good and I think it may have been a bit skewed because I just didn’t know how oolong or pu-erh was supposed to taste like.
From the tin, it smells a bit dusty, but still a bit fruity. I’m guessing from the marigold? There were a whole lot of marigold flowers in this tin.
Steeping, the oolong comes out. I don’t smell as much almond though! I remember the almond was very prominent when I tried this earlier.
Sipping this tea, it’s actually quite enjoyable! I like the mix of the pu-erh and the oolong, the lightness of the white monkey, though I don’t taste much marigold.

I. Love. TEA.
So so much!
I’ve been drinking tea for so long now, but in the beginning, I was only set on green tea; Jasmine green to be more specific. I tried other teas and it definitely took me a while to like all these black teas from chai to earl grey to lapsang and pu-erh to oolongs. White teas were easy for me to love because they’re light like the greens, but rooibos? I wasn’t a fan of fruity teas for a while.
But now that I’m expanding my tea tastebuds and learning what teas I like and how to prepare them, I actually am enjoying my time sipping all these teas. So yeah. I know it’s a tad cheesy, but I really am proud of myself for actually sticking with teas and actually getting to learn a whole lot about it :) Granted, there are a whole lot of teas that I haven’t tried yet, but soon. I’ll broaden my tastebuds even more :))

Kyra.
20.
Tea lover.
Chef in training.
Hospitality Management major.
DCP Alumni/Participant (starting June)
(jump62359 is my everything okay)

Teas in my cupboard are in my personal collection.
I’m always looking forward to reducing my stash so swappable teas are listed here:
(last updated: 11 Apr 2014)
Likes/dislikes here:

Tea rating guide:
100-90: Best thing to ever touch my mouth and I want more. Restocking is a must
89-80: Love this tea. Restock if I can
79-70: Decent tea. Neither love nor hate.
69-60: I won’t be upset when it runs out. I’ll drink it but won’t restock.
59-30: I’ve done whatever I can to like this tea and I’ll finish the cup.
29-10: I’ve done whatever I can to like this tea. It may or may not have gone down the sink…
9-below: Let’s not even hide it. This definitely went down the drain.

I love tea.
I drink it.
I log it.
I have a good time.
Lather, rinse, repeat.

I first discovered my love for tea with Jasmine because that’s all my mother would buy, so for the longest time, I thought that all teas were jasmine! And then in 4th grade, I watched the tea episode of Good Eats and that’s when the education started! I’d like to blame Alton Brown for starting this obsession because now I only like loose leaf tea.
It wasn’t until my second year of college that I actually expanded my tea taste buds. Special shout out to Cara McGee, Queen Tea for her Adagio Fandom blends. Because of Cara, I actually started drinking blacks, herbals and whites and pretty much everything else in between. I still have a special love for my jasmine though :)
I drink tea daily. Usually just straight up, no sugar or milk with the exception of chai. I like chai with just a wee dash of milk and a sprinkle of sugar! This little obsession started young and just… kept going, I guess. I have friends who think I have a problem with tea, but I really don’t. Everything is good in moderation.
I also have a mug buying problem and I’ve got Disney to blame for that. At least all my mugs are being put to good use!

also I apologize in advance for lazy tasting notes and horrible grammar in everything I write. I’m an avid fandom blogger on tumblr we have some weird way of talking to each other and sometimes I forget that this isn’t tumblr oops

Disneyland. Literally.