So. This is how it feels to have over 100 teas in your cupboard.
I went from 86 to 116. I don’t know if I should be proud of myself or hang my head in shame? Well… I did add my David’s order even though I haven’t gotten it yet (should arrive sometime at the end of the week) and I do have like 4 things in there that are teaware so I technically don’t have 116 teas hehe :)
Well, I’m excited to smell and try all my teas nontheless!!

I was in the middle of typing the top bit and my kettle just finished boiling water and I was SO CLOSE to pouring the water in, but I am smart and I remembered that there’s white tea in this blend! So. Waiting a couple minutes till I pour the water in.

Dry, this tea smells soooooo good! Definitely reminds me of Santa’s Secret by David’s. You’ve got the nice, fresh peppermint, and the lightness of the snowbud, and it all comes full circle with the robust scent of the cream. I feel like this is going to be a very well-balanced blend :)

Steeping, it smells a bit darker than in the package. I can smell the peppermint, maybe a bit *too much peppermint? But I am getting slightly grassy notes from the snowbud. It’s light amber in colour.

Drinking, oh not too bad! It’s pretty nice :) Think Santa’s Secret, but with more cream. The peppermint is there just slightly, and you definitely taste the cream, The snowbud is nice that it tones down the cream a little bit!

Overall, this is a very nice tea! Four for you Cara McGee, you go Cara McGee.

Flavors: Cream

180 °F / 82 °C 3 min, 30 sec 3 g 12 OZ / 354 ML
Shmiracles

oh wow like Santa’s Secret?! i can’t wait to try it! that tea is my jam.

Comments

Shmiracles

oh wow like Santa’s Secret?! i can’t wait to try it! that tea is my jam.

Kyra.
20.
Tea lover.
Chef in training.
Hospitality Management major.
DCP Alumni/Participant (starting June)
(jump62359 is my everything okay)

Teas in my cupboard are in my personal collection.
I’m always looking forward to reducing my stash so swappable teas are listed here:
(last updated: 11 Apr 2014)
Likes/dislikes here:

Tea rating guide:
100-90: Best thing to ever touch my mouth and I want more. Restocking is a must
89-80: Love this tea. Restock if I can
79-70: Decent tea. Neither love nor hate.
69-60: I won’t be upset when it runs out. I’ll drink it but won’t restock.
59-30: I’ve done whatever I can to like this tea and I’ll finish the cup.
29-10: I’ve done whatever I can to like this tea. It may or may not have gone down the sink…
9-below: Let’s not even hide it. This definitely went down the drain.

I love tea.
I drink it.
I log it.
I have a good time.
Lather, rinse, repeat.

I first discovered my love for tea with Jasmine because that’s all my mother would buy, so for the longest time, I thought that all teas were jasmine! And then in 4th grade, I watched the tea episode of Good Eats and that’s when the education started! I’d like to blame Alton Brown for starting this obsession because now I only like loose leaf tea.
It wasn’t until my second year of college that I actually expanded my tea taste buds. Special shout out to Cara McGee, Queen Tea for her Adagio Fandom blends. Because of Cara, I actually started drinking blacks, herbals and whites and pretty much everything else in between. I still have a special love for my jasmine though :)
I drink tea daily. Usually just straight up, no sugar or milk with the exception of chai. I like chai with just a wee dash of milk and a sprinkle of sugar! This little obsession started young and just… kept going, I guess. I have friends who think I have a problem with tea, but I really don’t. Everything is good in moderation.
I also have a mug buying problem and I’ve got Disney to blame for that. At least all my mugs are being put to good use!

also I apologize in advance for lazy tasting notes and horrible grammar in everything I write. I’m an avid fandom blogger on tumblr we have some weird way of talking to each other and sometimes I forget that this isn’t tumblr oops

Disneyland. Literally.