Disney application was sent last night, checked my email the second I woke up and “Based on the information you provided in your application, you have been selected to participate in an initial interview for a possible opportunity with the Disney College Program.” I’M DYING. I actually thought I wouldn’t get through to the Web Interview because I was so specific with my role choices. Going to do the WBI sometime after class and oh my gosh WHAT IF I DON’T GET THROUGH. It is so much more nerve-wracking. I’ve done a program once already, so to all my friends and family, it’s kinda expected that I’ll get accepted again and if I don’t, it’ll be such a huge disappointment.

Ahh okay. But let’s get on with the tea!

I was SUPER excited to get my Tea at Sea samples in the mail the other day! I definitely wasn’t going to drink it till this weekend, but I’m so scared for the DCP, I NEEDED the black tea to calm me down a bit haha.

Dry, the leaves look gorgeous! Smells like a typical, nice and smooth black tea.
Steeping, the aroma really did come out a bit more. It wasn’t as dark as some of my other black teas, but the aroma. Dang it smelled sooo nice! I poured it through my strainer and the leaves just unfolded soooo nicely. Ahh I kinda just love the concept of tea and how you just let them soak in water and BAM FLAVOUR and the leaves always look gorgeous!
I’ve left it to cool down a bit, but now it’s a drinkable temperature and WOW THIS IS GOOD. The flavour is so nice and smooth! There a bit of a punch the second it hits your tongue, and it mellows out a bit. Does that make sense? Oh I don’t even know. I just know that I like this tea hahah.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 3 g 12 OZ / 354 ML

Kyra.
20.
Tea lover.
Chef in training.
Hospitality Management major.
DCP Alumni/Participant (starting June)
(jump62359 is my everything okay)

Teas in my cupboard are in my personal collection.
I’m always looking forward to reducing my stash so swappable teas are listed here:
(last updated: 11 Apr 2014)
Likes/dislikes here:

Tea rating guide:
100-90: Best thing to ever touch my mouth and I want more. Restocking is a must
89-80: Love this tea. Restock if I can
79-70: Decent tea. Neither love nor hate.
69-60: I won’t be upset when it runs out. I’ll drink it but won’t restock.
59-30: I’ve done whatever I can to like this tea and I’ll finish the cup.
29-10: I’ve done whatever I can to like this tea. It may or may not have gone down the sink…
9-below: Let’s not even hide it. This definitely went down the drain.

I love tea.
I drink it.
I log it.
I have a good time.
Lather, rinse, repeat.

I first discovered my love for tea with Jasmine because that’s all my mother would buy, so for the longest time, I thought that all teas were jasmine! And then in 4th grade, I watched the tea episode of Good Eats and that’s when the education started! I’d like to blame Alton Brown for starting this obsession because now I only like loose leaf tea.
It wasn’t until my second year of college that I actually expanded my tea taste buds. Special shout out to Cara McGee, Queen Tea for her Adagio Fandom blends. Because of Cara, I actually started drinking blacks, herbals and whites and pretty much everything else in between. I still have a special love for my jasmine though :)
I drink tea daily. Usually just straight up, no sugar or milk with the exception of chai. I like chai with just a wee dash of milk and a sprinkle of sugar! This little obsession started young and just… kept going, I guess. I have friends who think I have a problem with tea, but I really don’t. Everything is good in moderation.
I also have a mug buying problem and I’ve got Disney to blame for that. At least all my mugs are being put to good use!

also I apologize in advance for lazy tasting notes and horrible grammar in everything I write. I’m an avid fandom blogger on tumblr we have some weird way of talking to each other and sometimes I forget that this isn’t tumblr oops

Disneyland. Literally.