drank Dancong Aria by Adagio Teas

I made enough of this tea for my roommate and I but then as it was brewing, it definitely started smelling weird and I’m all.. this is not how I remembered this tea when I had it last.
My old rating was an 80, and I recommended this tea. Today, I made it with no changes whatsoever and oh gosh it tastes so bad like no. It deserves like a 5 right now but.. I rated it so high before?? I looked at my other tasting note and I definitely remember writing it. I said it wasn’t as dark and rich as other oolongs that I’ve tried, but whoa nelly, is this tea is riiiichhhh.
Dude I don’t know what’s going on with this tea. I’ll probably finish a couple more sips and then it’ll probably go down the sink because it doesn’t taste the way I remembered

jump62359

I know! And I definitely didn’t change the way I prepared it at all, but the entire flavour of the tea is completely different to when I first had it. It tastes like a completely different tea which is just… what!?

Stephanie

Dancongs can be kinda temp and time finicky I guess shrug

Comments

jump62359

Stephanie

Dancongs can be kinda temp and time finicky I guess shrug

Kyra.
20.
Tea lover.
Chef in training.
Hospitality Management major.
DCP Alumni/Participant (starting June)
(jump62359 is my everything okay)

Teas in my cupboard are in my personal collection.
I’m always looking forward to reducing my stash so swappable teas are listed here:
(last updated: 11 Apr 2014)
Likes/dislikes here:

Tea rating guide:
100-90: Best thing to ever touch my mouth and I want more. Restocking is a must
89-80: Love this tea. Restock if I can
79-70: Decent tea. Neither love nor hate.
69-60: I won’t be upset when it runs out. I’ll drink it but won’t restock.
59-30: I’ve done whatever I can to like this tea and I’ll finish the cup.
29-10: I’ve done whatever I can to like this tea. It may or may not have gone down the sink…
9-below: Let’s not even hide it. This definitely went down the drain.

I love tea.
I drink it.
I log it.
I have a good time.
Lather, rinse, repeat.

I first discovered my love for tea with Jasmine because that’s all my mother would buy, so for the longest time, I thought that all teas were jasmine! And then in 4th grade, I watched the tea episode of Good Eats and that’s when the education started! I’d like to blame Alton Brown for starting this obsession because now I only like loose leaf tea.
It wasn’t until my second year of college that I actually expanded my tea taste buds. Special shout out to Cara McGee, Queen Tea for her Adagio Fandom blends. Because of Cara, I actually started drinking blacks, herbals and whites and pretty much everything else in between. I still have a special love for my jasmine though :)
I drink tea daily. Usually just straight up, no sugar or milk with the exception of chai. I like chai with just a wee dash of milk and a sprinkle of sugar! This little obsession started young and just… kept going, I guess. I have friends who think I have a problem with tea, but I really don’t. Everything is good in moderation.
I also have a mug buying problem and I’ve got Disney to blame for that. At least all my mugs are being put to good use!

also I apologize in advance for lazy tasting notes and horrible grammar in everything I write. I’m an avid fandom blogger on tumblr we have some weird way of talking to each other and sometimes I forget that this isn’t tumblr oops

Disneyland. Literally.