drank Lapsang Souchong by DuvalTea

I got this sample from MissB yesterday!
She’s lovely and I asked her if I could have like a wee sample of Lapsang because I’ve only ever had Lapsang Souchong in fandom blends.

This tea dry actually smelled very nice! I was surprised because all the blends I’ve had with Lapsang was very bacon smelling/tasting so I think it may be just Adagio’s tea that smells like that? Dude I don’t even know. I’d like to try other Lapsangs from other companies.
I was nervous for this tea because from what I’ve had, I never really liked the blends. But the smell is nice and mellow! I know from reading places that this tea is supposed to be super smoky and that’s definitely coming out as it steeps.
Oh whoa yeah. I just poured it into my mug and it’s definitely not bacon-y, but smoky.

Oh this is interesting. Not the best tea, but decent ish? Smoky, yes. Tasty? I’m so very confused with this tea because I’ve never had straight Lapsang before so I have no idea how it’s supposed to taste like! But at least I have a general idea. Definitely going to look for opportunities to try like single servings of Lapsang Souchong :)

((First one to review this tea what.))

(((Would it be considered a sipdown if you only have one serving of this tea? Ahh well, it’s a sipdown {118} hehe)))

Flavors: Ash

Boiling 3 min, 45 sec 4 g 12 OZ / 354 ML
Memily

Definitely a sipdown ;) I love lapsangs, haven’t had one for ages!

MissB

DuvalTea is a really special company out of Canada, and I swore I reviewed this tea… guess not. I’d say this is on the higher end of straight Lapsangs, and really true to form in that the process is similar to the story as to how Lapsangs came to be.

MissB

Oh, and if you kept the leaves, you can re-steep this many times over for a different experience each time – and thus partially why this specific tea is expensive.

jump62359

Aww darn! I didn’t get the chance to resteep them! I usually do, but I think I was probably running off to class right when I finished the cup.
I was definitely expecting it to taste like bacon, but I didn’t get that haha. But I’m forsure going to keep my eye out for Lapsang, and I’ll definitely remember to resteep them next time :)

Comments

Memily

Definitely a sipdown ;) I love lapsangs, haven’t had one for ages!

jump62359

Kyra.
20.
Tea lover.
Chef in training.
Hospitality Management major.
DCP Alumni/Participant (starting June)
(jump62359 is my everything okay)

Teas in my cupboard are in my personal collection.
I’m always looking forward to reducing my stash so swappable teas are listed here:
(last updated: 11 Apr 2014)
Likes/dislikes here:

Tea rating guide:
100-90: Best thing to ever touch my mouth and I want more. Restocking is a must
89-80: Love this tea. Restock if I can
79-70: Decent tea. Neither love nor hate.
69-60: I won’t be upset when it runs out. I’ll drink it but won’t restock.
59-30: I’ve done whatever I can to like this tea and I’ll finish the cup.
29-10: I’ve done whatever I can to like this tea. It may or may not have gone down the sink…
9-below: Let’s not even hide it. This definitely went down the drain.

I love tea.
I drink it.
I log it.
I have a good time.
Lather, rinse, repeat.

I first discovered my love for tea with Jasmine because that’s all my mother would buy, so for the longest time, I thought that all teas were jasmine! And then in 4th grade, I watched the tea episode of Good Eats and that’s when the education started! I’d like to blame Alton Brown for starting this obsession because now I only like loose leaf tea.
It wasn’t until my second year of college that I actually expanded my tea taste buds. Special shout out to Cara McGee, Queen Tea for her Adagio Fandom blends. Because of Cara, I actually started drinking blacks, herbals and whites and pretty much everything else in between. I still have a special love for my jasmine though :)
I drink tea daily. Usually just straight up, no sugar or milk with the exception of chai. I like chai with just a wee dash of milk and a sprinkle of sugar! This little obsession started young and just… kept going, I guess. I have friends who think I have a problem with tea, but I really don’t. Everything is good in moderation.
I also have a mug buying problem and I’ve got Disney to blame for that. At least all my mugs are being put to good use!

also I apologize in advance for lazy tasting notes and horrible grammar in everything I write. I’m an avid fandom blogger on tumblr we have some weird way of talking to each other and sometimes I forget that this isn’t tumblr oops

Disneyland. Literally.