drank Lemon Grass by Adagio Teas

Oh my gosh. So I was drinking tea earlier and my roommate dropped her pretzels and I exclaimed “FOOD FELL!!!” right when our other roommate and her boyfriend walked in! And both of them were all “Kyra, are you drinking caffeine again?” and I was all… no…
I told them that it was 7pm and so no more caffeine for me and I held up my package of Lemongrass. And then Levi decided to give me some chocolate and Laura was all “Levi, no. She can’t have any more sugar”
I’m seriously laughing right now because I totally act like a 5 year old. We totally had this conversation with another one of my roommates last night ahha.
But Laura and Levi left and Laura said she’ll be back sometime around midnight and I was al “You bet I’ll be up :))”
So yeah. Caffeine turns me into a 5 year old.
Luckily Monica and I are going to have a matcha party right before her 9am class.

OKAY TEA. LEMONGRASS.
I’ve never had straight lemongrass. I’ve blended this into my chamomile or minty teas, but never lemongrass alone. It smells like… curry? No. Like some sort of zesty spice that’s really good but I can’t put my finger on it right now.
It tastes really good as well!
I didn’t know how to make this tea though. I thought that 3g would be a bit much since it’s so light, but Ido tend to like my herbals and rooibos more flavourful. So I just did 2g in my smaller teacup, that way if I want more, resteeping it would be easy peasy, lemon squeezey.

I AM LAUGHING SO HARD RIGHT NOW. I really didn’t want to make dinner tonight. Like it’s dead week so I’m just worried about school and it’s already 8pm and I don’t have the time to make dinner! If I can live on tea and air alone, that’d be great.
I remembered that I had a slice of chocolate cake in the fridge so… looks like it’s cake for dinner :) I’m the definition of a 5year old child right now.

Boiling 8 min or more 2 g 5 OZ / 147 ML

Kyra.
20.
Tea lover.
Chef in training.
Hospitality Management major.
DCP Alumni/Participant (starting June)
(jump62359 is my everything okay)

Teas in my cupboard are in my personal collection.
I’m always looking forward to reducing my stash so swappable teas are listed here:
(last updated: 11 Apr 2014)
Likes/dislikes here:

Tea rating guide:
100-90: Best thing to ever touch my mouth and I want more. Restocking is a must
89-80: Love this tea. Restock if I can
79-70: Decent tea. Neither love nor hate.
69-60: I won’t be upset when it runs out. I’ll drink it but won’t restock.
59-30: I’ve done whatever I can to like this tea and I’ll finish the cup.
29-10: I’ve done whatever I can to like this tea. It may or may not have gone down the sink…
9-below: Let’s not even hide it. This definitely went down the drain.

I love tea.
I drink it.
I log it.
I have a good time.
Lather, rinse, repeat.

I first discovered my love for tea with Jasmine because that’s all my mother would buy, so for the longest time, I thought that all teas were jasmine! And then in 4th grade, I watched the tea episode of Good Eats and that’s when the education started! I’d like to blame Alton Brown for starting this obsession because now I only like loose leaf tea.
It wasn’t until my second year of college that I actually expanded my tea taste buds. Special shout out to Cara McGee, Queen Tea for her Adagio Fandom blends. Because of Cara, I actually started drinking blacks, herbals and whites and pretty much everything else in between. I still have a special love for my jasmine though :)
I drink tea daily. Usually just straight up, no sugar or milk with the exception of chai. I like chai with just a wee dash of milk and a sprinkle of sugar! This little obsession started young and just… kept going, I guess. I have friends who think I have a problem with tea, but I really don’t. Everything is good in moderation.
I also have a mug buying problem and I’ve got Disney to blame for that. At least all my mugs are being put to good use!

also I apologize in advance for lazy tasting notes and horrible grammar in everything I write. I’m an avid fandom blogger on tumblr we have some weird way of talking to each other and sometimes I forget that this isn’t tumblr oops

Disneyland. Literally.