I’m so exhausted wow. I slept at 4am because I just could not go to sleep for some reason! And I woke up at around 9 and didn’t eat, went to class, didn’t eat, went to class, left early for a special guest speaker and there they provided my first meal of the day.
Dang. Today was just to worst day ever. No energy at all ugh :/
But I decided to have some of this before I go to bed tonight. So exhausted so hopefully I’ll pass out right when I hit the pillow.

I actually had no idea how to brew this tea! It didn’t look like regular tea leaves. It looked like you’d mix it in water and it’d dissolve like hot coco. I read the tasting notes and saw that it clogged someone’s steeper, so I decided to just use my disposable filters.
It actually turned out really nice! VERY dark in colour and had a roasted, nearly burnt smell to it as it was steeping.
I’m honestly not a coffee drinker at all. The only coffee I enjoy is my Java Chip Frappuccino from Starbucks. Something with chocolate and highly sweetened haha. But this tea is nice! Totally not oversweet like the Java Chip, but a nice robust flavour to it. Definitely a unique tea! I’ve added just a bit of milk (maybe like 1oz) and a sprinkle of sugar to bring the flavours out more.

Flavors: Butter, Cocoa, Earth

Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 3 g 12 OZ / 354 ML
QueenOfTarts

Hi! Was wondering if you’d like to swap some teas with me? I’m following you, but can’t send you a message unless you follow me back. Thanks! :)

oddree

Oh goodness, now I want a caramel Frappuccino so bad… Is that taboo to say on a social network for tea? :)

this is a wheat tea…so not really tea leaf. There’s a strawberry version too…and an original, but i like this one more than the original.

jump62359

QueenOfTarts I’m following you now! I’ll shoot you a message in a bit :)
oddree, naww it’s al good! Sometimes I finish a cup of tea then have this massive craving for Starbucks, so I kinda just… walk on over to Starbucks to satisfy my craving ahha
Sil, yeah, I’ve never had a wheat tea before so it was so foreign to me! Every time I go to Lupicia, I see these displayed in the back and I’m always curious. I like how they have the smelling tins, but every time I go, I always pick up the same teas. So this time, I decided to mix it up a bit and grab stuff I’ve never tried before :)

so jealous of your lupicia…

jump62359

I’ve been going to the same store for years but I kept getting the same teas over and over again cuz I was afraid to try something new.
Luckily the nearest Lupicia from where I live now is almost an hour away on the freeway so looks like I can spend money on more crucial things like FOOD hahah

Comments

QueenOfTarts

oddree

jump62359

QueenOfTarts I’m following you now! I’ll shoot you a message in a bit :)

so jealous of your lupicia…

Kyra.
20.
Tea lover.
Chef in training.
Hospitality Management major.
DCP Alumni/Participant (starting June)
(jump62359 is my everything okay)

Teas in my cupboard are in my personal collection.
I’m always looking forward to reducing my stash so swappable teas are listed here:
(last updated: 11 Apr 2014)
Likes/dislikes here:

Tea rating guide:
100-90: Best thing to ever touch my mouth and I want more. Restocking is a must
89-80: Love this tea. Restock if I can
79-70: Decent tea. Neither love nor hate.
69-60: I won’t be upset when it runs out. I’ll drink it but won’t restock.
59-30: I’ve done whatever I can to like this tea and I’ll finish the cup.
29-10: I’ve done whatever I can to like this tea. It may or may not have gone down the sink…
9-below: Let’s not even hide it. This definitely went down the drain.

I love tea.
I drink it.
I log it.
I have a good time.
Lather, rinse, repeat.

I first discovered my love for tea with Jasmine because that’s all my mother would buy, so for the longest time, I thought that all teas were jasmine! And then in 4th grade, I watched the tea episode of Good Eats and that’s when the education started! I’d like to blame Alton Brown for starting this obsession because now I only like loose leaf tea.
It wasn’t until my second year of college that I actually expanded my tea taste buds. Special shout out to Cara McGee, Queen Tea for her Adagio Fandom blends. Because of Cara, I actually started drinking blacks, herbals and whites and pretty much everything else in between. I still have a special love for my jasmine though :)
I drink tea daily. Usually just straight up, no sugar or milk with the exception of chai. I like chai with just a wee dash of milk and a sprinkle of sugar! This little obsession started young and just… kept going, I guess. I have friends who think I have a problem with tea, but I really don’t. Everything is good in moderation.
I also have a mug buying problem and I’ve got Disney to blame for that. At least all my mugs are being put to good use!

also I apologize in advance for lazy tasting notes and horrible grammar in everything I write. I’m an avid fandom blogger on tumblr we have some weird way of talking to each other and sometimes I forget that this isn’t tumblr oops

Disneyland. Literally.