drank Ripe Mango Oolong by Lupicia

I freakin love oolong because the LEAVES. They’re freakin gorgeous okay and I absolutely LOVE seeing them unravel!
This was a surprise from my parents :) They went to DAVIDs last weekend and took a wee little detour to Lupicia (well, it’s just two floors up so it’s not too bad haha) and they picked this tea up for me!

Oh wow. The smell of this tea dry is so good! I kinda.. started inhaling it deeply and don’t do that. You’ll get dizzy. But just take a small whiff and it smells like mango!! Green mango though. Personally, I prefer the taste of the yellow mango more since it’s more sweet and green mango is bitter but yeah THIS TEA SMELLS LIKE HOME.
I was actually surprised to read on the package that this steeps in boiling water though since I never use boiling for oolongs. Ahh well. I followed the package instructions and some leaves were a bit scorched, but not all.
This tea is like super freakin good though. Like SO GOOD. I love the mango so much. I’m starting to love ALL the Lupicia flavoured teas! This has the nice flavours of green mango, but not the bitterness.
Definitely a great tea :)

205 °F / 96 °C 1 min, 45 sec 3 g 10 OZ / 295 ML
Shmiracles

Oooo guess who just got the steepster app and is posting this comment from her phone OoooooOooo!!!

oddree

APP!?!?! o_O Also, I think I need to check out Lupicia and Nina’s for sure. Such great reviews!

VariaTEA

Have you had Lupicia’s Melon Oolong yet? I don’t even like oolong but that was amazing!

jump62359

shmiracles, well, I have no idea who you’re talking about, but I’m assuming it’s me?? Right? TOTALLY ;)
odree, yes, there’s a steepster app! It’s in beta testing right now so Jason and the steepster team are slooowly letting people test it out. I’d link you, but I’m on mobile as well! Lupicia is my first love and I was fairly surprised to see that not a lot of people has tried their teas! If you spend $30, you get a free subscription to their monthly newsletter complete with a free sample! US addresses only though. I haven’t had tea from Nina’s yet, but luckily I’m expecting a swap soon and I know there are a couple of Nina’s teas in there!

jump62359

VariaTEA, I haven’t yet! I’m actually just discovering ALL of Lupicia’s teas. I haven’t tried many of their flavoured teas so now I kinda just wanna try them all :)
((And you are said swap partner in the previous comment haha))

VariaTEA

I am taking a Lupicia crash course right now too. I got two swaps so far with a bizillion Lupicia teas which is super exciting. And you are getting Nina’s teas though mostly their caffeine-free ones. Oh, and Japon of course :P. I realized after I sealed your package that I should have included others of their teas.

oh god. i need this.

jump62359

Rachel, the teas in your package aren’t necessarily caffeine-free, but less caffeine than blacks and stuff ahaha. And I’m definitely drowning in so much Lupicia and David’s right now wow.

Sil, shoot me your address! I’ll send you a wee little sample of this tea if you’d like :)

Comments

Shmiracles

oddree

jump62359

((And you are said swap partner in the previous comment haha))

oh god. i need this.

Kyra.
20.
Tea lover.
Chef in training.
Hospitality Management major.
DCP Alumni/Participant (starting June)
(jump62359 is my everything okay)

Teas in my cupboard are in my personal collection.
I’m always looking forward to reducing my stash so swappable teas are listed here:
(last updated: 11 Apr 2014)
Likes/dislikes here:

Tea rating guide:
100-90: Best thing to ever touch my mouth and I want more. Restocking is a must
89-80: Love this tea. Restock if I can
79-70: Decent tea. Neither love nor hate.
69-60: I won’t be upset when it runs out. I’ll drink it but won’t restock.
59-30: I’ve done whatever I can to like this tea and I’ll finish the cup.
29-10: I’ve done whatever I can to like this tea. It may or may not have gone down the sink…
9-below: Let’s not even hide it. This definitely went down the drain.

I love tea.
I drink it.
I log it.
I have a good time.
Lather, rinse, repeat.

I first discovered my love for tea with Jasmine because that’s all my mother would buy, so for the longest time, I thought that all teas were jasmine! And then in 4th grade, I watched the tea episode of Good Eats and that’s when the education started! I’d like to blame Alton Brown for starting this obsession because now I only like loose leaf tea.
It wasn’t until my second year of college that I actually expanded my tea taste buds. Special shout out to Cara McGee, Queen Tea for her Adagio Fandom blends. Because of Cara, I actually started drinking blacks, herbals and whites and pretty much everything else in between. I still have a special love for my jasmine though :)
I drink tea daily. Usually just straight up, no sugar or milk with the exception of chai. I like chai with just a wee dash of milk and a sprinkle of sugar! This little obsession started young and just… kept going, I guess. I have friends who think I have a problem with tea, but I really don’t. Everything is good in moderation.
I also have a mug buying problem and I’ve got Disney to blame for that. At least all my mugs are being put to good use!

also I apologize in advance for lazy tasting notes and horrible grammar in everything I write. I’m an avid fandom blogger on tumblr we have some weird way of talking to each other and sometimes I forget that this isn’t tumblr oops

Disneyland. Literally.