drank Cookie by Lupicia

Think freshly baked caramel cookies. Now take those cookies and leave them in the oven for just a little while longer. Not burnt, but it has that bite of flavour. And not like just regular cookies with a glop of caramel on top, but like the type of cookie that has caramel oozing in the middle. This tea is so freakin good and I need to keep it in my cupboard for forever

Okay let me tell you a thing.
This tea.
When I left for college (nearly 3 years ago), my mom put together a cute little care package for me and it had a wee sachet of this tea. Three years before, I had chocolate tea from Trader Joe’s and IT WAS PRETTY FREAKIN NASTY so I just stuck to various green teas. I did not touch that sachet of Cookie because I was afraid that it was going to be as gross as that other chocolate tea. And this is why it took me freakin forever to try flavoured teas. Like seriously. For nearly 10 years of my life, all I drank was jasmine tea, and the occasional genmaicha when I ate out at japanese restaurants.
I completely regret my previous thoughts about flavoured teas, especially this one because apparently if you’re going to get tea from Lupicia, it’s going to be this one (from what I’ve heard). This was the first tea that was in the monthly newsletter when my mom first signed up all those years ago, and this was the tea that I took with me to college. Did I try it? Nope because I was a pansycake.

WITH THAT BEING SAID. IT IS TIME. I’VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS FOR SO LONG??? Everyone says it’s good and I’ve finally let it cool down enough so it wouldn’t burn my mouth.
Dude. It legit tastes like caramel cookies okay. This tea is so freakin good, and I added milk with it which made it soooooo much better.
WHY DID I AVOID THIS TEA FOR SO LONG.

((rearranged this tasting not to have the actual tasting note bit at the top because of the pull quotes and whatnot. I saw a thread on this a while back and figured I’ll have to put the review at the top, then the backstory stuck at the bottom.))

Flavors: Butter, Caramel, Molasses

Boiling 2 min, 15 sec 3 g 12 OZ / 354 ML
VariaTEA

YAY!! I am glad you tried this one again and liked it. I knew you would :)

jump62359

Dude. I’ve gone through so many tea sprees in the past week and I’m expecting swaps to arrive soon and I’m just trying to catch up to everything.
So many WONDERFUL teas, so little time!

Memily

That is a great story. I give it an A+.

Comments

VariaTEA

YAY!! I am glad you tried this one again and liked it. I knew you would :)

jump62359

So many WONDERFUL teas, so little time!

Memily

That is a great story. I give it an A+.

Kyra.
20.
Tea lover.
Chef in training.
Hospitality Management major.
DCP Alumni/Participant (starting June)
(jump62359 is my everything okay)

Teas in my cupboard are in my personal collection.
I’m always looking forward to reducing my stash so swappable teas are listed here:
(last updated: 11 Apr 2014)
Likes/dislikes here:

Tea rating guide:
100-90: Best thing to ever touch my mouth and I want more. Restocking is a must
89-80: Love this tea. Restock if I can
79-70: Decent tea. Neither love nor hate.
69-60: I won’t be upset when it runs out. I’ll drink it but won’t restock.
59-30: I’ve done whatever I can to like this tea and I’ll finish the cup.
29-10: I’ve done whatever I can to like this tea. It may or may not have gone down the sink…
9-below: Let’s not even hide it. This definitely went down the drain.

I love tea.
I drink it.
I log it.
I have a good time.
Lather, rinse, repeat.

I first discovered my love for tea with Jasmine because that’s all my mother would buy, so for the longest time, I thought that all teas were jasmine! And then in 4th grade, I watched the tea episode of Good Eats and that’s when the education started! I’d like to blame Alton Brown for starting this obsession because now I only like loose leaf tea.
It wasn’t until my second year of college that I actually expanded my tea taste buds. Special shout out to Cara McGee, Queen Tea for her Adagio Fandom blends. Because of Cara, I actually started drinking blacks, herbals and whites and pretty much everything else in between. I still have a special love for my jasmine though :)
I drink tea daily. Usually just straight up, no sugar or milk with the exception of chai. I like chai with just a wee dash of milk and a sprinkle of sugar! This little obsession started young and just… kept going, I guess. I have friends who think I have a problem with tea, but I really don’t. Everything is good in moderation.
I also have a mug buying problem and I’ve got Disney to blame for that. At least all my mugs are being put to good use!

also I apologize in advance for lazy tasting notes and horrible grammar in everything I write. I’m an avid fandom blogger on tumblr we have some weird way of talking to each other and sometimes I forget that this isn’t tumblr oops

Disneyland. Literally.