SHMIRACLES I’M FINALLY DRINKING TONY STARK. I’VE BEEN PUTTING THIS TEA OFF FO SO LONG AND TODAY IS THE DAY.

Dude. I don’t know what it is, but all the fandom blends that use Lapsang always taste so weird. Like I actually really like lapsang! But I haven’t had Adagio’s lapsang alone, only in blends, but I’m convinced that Adagio’s lapsang is just… weird in its own way.
Oh Tony. You smell like… it’s the cockiness in you that deserves such a smoky, dark, spicy tea.
OH GOSH NO.
I AM SO SORRY
BUT ONE SIP
What is in this blend!? Tiger Eye, Lapsang Souchong and Ginger
Oh gosh. I’ll like force this down my throat and resteep to see if I can get a different taste, but at first sip, this is a no.

EDIT: This got a bit tame as it cooled and a lot of the flavour sank to the bottom. Not completely terrible and sour and gross from what I tasted right when it finished steeping, but at least it was a totally drinkable tea :)

Boiling 2 min, 45 sec 3 g 8 OZ / 236 ML
carol who

Always sad when a tea you were really looking forward to end up being disappointing. Especially a fandom tea.

Shmiracles

listen, i love a good lapsang blend, i love an adventurous lapsang blend, i seriously think the Smaug tea is super great, but this Tony Stark tea? it might be a problem. i don’t think i’ve tried it since that first big cup i brewed.
what i DO like about this tea… it makes sense! because, TONY.
so in a way it’s like a hilarious joke. a bold prank.
ha ha very funny Tony, you got me.

Shmiracles

okay edit! i went back and read my review so apparently i AM into this tea? it’s cold today. i do think lapsang is for cold weather. so i’ll try to have it again and re-evaluate my opinion.
truth be told, i try to be a practical kind of gal, but if anything is gonna influence my opinion, it would probably be my current love of everything Marvel Avengers. so, consider the source :)

jump62359

I’ve bumped the rating up a bit because Tony is actually… okay?
I had the Natasha not too long ago, and I definitely like Tony a but more than Natasha. Dude. I just need to try like every blend there is haha :)

Comments

carol who

Shmiracles

what i DO like about this tea… it makes sense! because, TONY.
so in a way it’s like a hilarious joke. a bold prank.
ha ha very funny Tony, you got me.

jump62359

I’ve bumped the rating up a bit because Tony is actually… okay?

Kyra.
20.
Tea lover.
Chef in training.
Hospitality Management major.
DCP Alumni/Participant (starting June)
(jump62359 is my everything okay)

Teas in my cupboard are in my personal collection.
I’m always looking forward to reducing my stash so swappable teas are listed here:
(last updated: 11 Apr 2014)
Likes/dislikes here:

Tea rating guide:
100-90: Best thing to ever touch my mouth and I want more. Restocking is a must
89-80: Love this tea. Restock if I can
79-70: Decent tea. Neither love nor hate.
69-60: I won’t be upset when it runs out. I’ll drink it but won’t restock.
59-30: I’ve done whatever I can to like this tea and I’ll finish the cup.
29-10: I’ve done whatever I can to like this tea. It may or may not have gone down the sink…
9-below: Let’s not even hide it. This definitely went down the drain.

I love tea.
I drink it.
I log it.
I have a good time.
Lather, rinse, repeat.

I first discovered my love for tea with Jasmine because that’s all my mother would buy, so for the longest time, I thought that all teas were jasmine! And then in 4th grade, I watched the tea episode of Good Eats and that’s when the education started! I’d like to blame Alton Brown for starting this obsession because now I only like loose leaf tea.
It wasn’t until my second year of college that I actually expanded my tea taste buds. Special shout out to Cara McGee, Queen Tea for her Adagio Fandom blends. Because of Cara, I actually started drinking blacks, herbals and whites and pretty much everything else in between. I still have a special love for my jasmine though :)
I drink tea daily. Usually just straight up, no sugar or milk with the exception of chai. I like chai with just a wee dash of milk and a sprinkle of sugar! This little obsession started young and just… kept going, I guess. I have friends who think I have a problem with tea, but I really don’t. Everything is good in moderation.
I also have a mug buying problem and I’ve got Disney to blame for that. At least all my mugs are being put to good use!

also I apologize in advance for lazy tasting notes and horrible grammar in everything I write. I’m an avid fandom blogger on tumblr we have some weird way of talking to each other and sometimes I forget that this isn’t tumblr oops

Disneyland. Literally.