drank Winter Fire by Butiki Teas

THIS TEA.
Oh gosh
Thank you NayLynn for the sample but oh dang. I don’t think I’ll go out and purchase this tea though. IT WAS HOT. LIKE CHEWING SPICY MINCED HABANERO WOW.

I do appreciate that this is a great tea, but I wasn’t able to drink it because my taste just can’t handle the spice. LIKE IT’S GOOD. IF YOU HAVE THE CHANCE TO TRY IT, GO FOR IT. But spicy foods and me don’t really mix all that well.
It’s in my timolino so I’ve been trying to drink it throughout the day, but I haven’t been able to get through half the cup. I’ve sure if I have a high tolerance for spicy foods, I would very much enjoy this cup, but oh dang was this spicy!

Butiki Teas

Hahaha. Sorry, not funny I know. This guayusa is what I would consider mild. If you have some left, if you add sugar it will deaden the spiciness and taste like a red hot candy

jump62359

This is mild!? Ahh well, I’m the weakest person ever haha.
Oh another thing I forgot to mention in the tasting note: I like to smell my teas.. a lot. This one I legit inhaled it and could not stop sneezing!
I did enjoy this tea, not gunna lie, but I’ll definitely need to build up some sort of tolerance for spicy foods. I’ve got enough for about 2 more cups so I’ll try it again soon enough!

Suziqzer

Oh.. red hot candy?!?!? Yum! This might have to be on my sample list when I place an order. Milk should also take away some of the heat… although I don’t know if you take milk in your tea jump62359, or if this tea would even work with it.

Butiki Teas

I think I have no reasonable idea of heat level since I enjoy very hot foods. If I’m not sweating, panting, having trouble breathing then it isn’t hot enough. :D

Comments

Butiki Teas

jump62359

This is mild!? Ahh well, I’m the weakest person ever haha.

Suziqzer

Kyra.
20.
Tea lover.
Chef in training.
Hospitality Management major.
DCP Alumni/Participant (starting June)
(jump62359 is my everything okay)

Teas in my cupboard are in my personal collection.
I’m always looking forward to reducing my stash so swappable teas are listed here:
(last updated: 11 Apr 2014)
Likes/dislikes here:

Tea rating guide:
100-90: Best thing to ever touch my mouth and I want more. Restocking is a must
89-80: Love this tea. Restock if I can
79-70: Decent tea. Neither love nor hate.
69-60: I won’t be upset when it runs out. I’ll drink it but won’t restock.
59-30: I’ve done whatever I can to like this tea and I’ll finish the cup.
29-10: I’ve done whatever I can to like this tea. It may or may not have gone down the sink…
9-below: Let’s not even hide it. This definitely went down the drain.

I love tea.
I drink it.
I log it.
I have a good time.
Lather, rinse, repeat.

I first discovered my love for tea with Jasmine because that’s all my mother would buy, so for the longest time, I thought that all teas were jasmine! And then in 4th grade, I watched the tea episode of Good Eats and that’s when the education started! I’d like to blame Alton Brown for starting this obsession because now I only like loose leaf tea.
It wasn’t until my second year of college that I actually expanded my tea taste buds. Special shout out to Cara McGee, Queen Tea for her Adagio Fandom blends. Because of Cara, I actually started drinking blacks, herbals and whites and pretty much everything else in between. I still have a special love for my jasmine though :)
I drink tea daily. Usually just straight up, no sugar or milk with the exception of chai. I like chai with just a wee dash of milk and a sprinkle of sugar! This little obsession started young and just… kept going, I guess. I have friends who think I have a problem with tea, but I really don’t. Everything is good in moderation.
I also have a mug buying problem and I’ve got Disney to blame for that. At least all my mugs are being put to good use!

also I apologize in advance for lazy tasting notes and horrible grammar in everything I write. I’m an avid fandom blogger on tumblr we have some weird way of talking to each other and sometimes I forget that this isn’t tumblr oops

Disneyland. Literally.