The smell of the dried leaves is rich like tobacco and leather with a hint of musk, just lovely! This smell should be bottled as a men’s cologne. The directions say 1+ tsp and I like my tea a bit stronger, so I put in just about 1 and a half. When I brewed it, it tasted a bit strong so I added a tsp of sugar and it was perfect. If I was drinking it bare, I might use more like 1 tsp and 1 1/2 if adding sugar or milk. The taste is a wonderful mixture of vanilla and cocoa with the faintest hint of astringency in the middle of the tongue. There are very nice toasty and earthy notes with a hint of currant and brandy. I am drinking it with my breakfast of blueberry bagel and it goes perfectly. This is my first experience with a pure Keemun and I really am enjoying this cup.

Upping my rating a bit! It tastes wonderful brewed stronger or weaker and you still get all the notes and different flavors. I don’t know how I made it this long in my life without ever having had a good Keemun. Just lovely!

I started drinking coffee at the age of 12, but I have recently found that the coffee I always enjoyed gives me headaches. Luckily I have no such issues with tea. I have just begun to discover the joys of a good cup of tea and figuring out what I like and don’t. So far I prefer black tea either Fujian, Keemun, Assam or Darjeeling that are fruit forward with a wisp of acidity or smokiness. I occasionally will drink green, jasmine or a bold white, but typically just to change things up. I hate fake fruit flavors, bitter tea or blah tea with no punch.

I live in the desert southwest, so in the hot summer afternoons you’ll likely find me iced tea in hand with a slice of lemon and sprig of mint. I also am a semi-foodie who enjoys a sharp sauvignon blanc, a jammy zinfandel or a dirty martini with the stinkiest cheese possible.

I am science nerd librarian with a love of fantasy books and astronomy. I am slowly writing a novel and dream of becoming a real writer and escaping the stacks.

Arizona