drank Caramel Pu-erh by Tea Drops

This is one of two teas I bought from Tea Drops in Kansas City. I took a whiff of this sample and the caramel smelled so fantastic I took a leap of faith and got 2oz after asking the woman’s opinion of it. She was honest and said she didn’t like it because it was too much like coffee, and that if I liked coffee I might like it. She also said that this was originally just a temporary tea for Christmas time but due to popular demand, they made it permanent.

I just brewed myself a cup, with a 1/2 tsp of rock sugar and it is fabulous. I haven’t tried many pu-erhs in my day, but the employee was absolutely right – this tastes like slightly sweetened black coffee with hints of caramel. This being said, it is bitter and full-bodied, and the caramel adds just the right amount of interest to this coffee-flavor. I will miss this tea when it’s gone, but I think my next cup I will add a bit more sugar and maybe a splash of milk. Bravo tea drops!

I’ve been drinking loose leaf teas for about 4 years and really enjoy the sense of contentment it brings to my busy life. I suppose tea is an experience you inherently have to slow down and enjoy, as it quiets the mind and allows you to hear more readily. I am also interested in Buddhism, yoga, meditation, and psychotherapy.

Here are some of my favorite teas:

Organic Silver Needle White Tea (Teavivre)
Bailin Gongfu Black Tea (Teavivre)
Buttered Rum (DavidsTea)
Gyrokuro/Gyrokuro Genmaicha (Teavana)
Apple Green Tea (Indigo Tea Company)
Strawberry Festival (Indigo Tea Company)
Mom’s Apple Pie (David’s Tea)
Jasmine Dragon Phoenix Pearls/Rooibos Tropica Blend (Teavana)

Eagan, Minnesota