I like to think that I’ve tried enough chai teas to spot a good one. This is a good one!

As compared to Teavana’s plain Masala Chai (which has been discontinued) this tea’s flavor is much more robust and complex than other chai teas I have tried. I like the balance of spices in this one, as the cinnamon is not overpowering (like Teavana’s Maharaja Chai). However, the cardamom and ginger taste may be quite off-putting to some. If you’re looking for a chai that you can’t help but contemplate while sipping it, I suggest this one. Just don’t oversteep and add enough sugar to make it sweet (2 tsp rock sugar/16oz). I also use about 3-4 tsp of tea/16oz water to beef it up. A splash of milk helps mellow it out and get rid of some bitter undertones as well.

I’ve been drinking loose leaf teas for about 4 years and really enjoy the sense of contentment it brings to my busy life. I suppose tea is an experience you inherently have to slow down and enjoy, as it quiets the mind and allows you to hear more readily. I am also interested in Buddhism, yoga, meditation, and psychotherapy.

Here are some of my favorite teas:

Organic Silver Needle White Tea (Teavivre)
Bailin Gongfu Black Tea (Teavivre)
Buttered Rum (DavidsTea)
Gyrokuro/Gyrokuro Genmaicha (Teavana)
Apple Green Tea (Indigo Tea Company)
Strawberry Festival (Indigo Tea Company)
Mom’s Apple Pie (David’s Tea)
Jasmine Dragon Phoenix Pearls/Rooibos Tropica Blend (Teavana)

Eagan, Minnesota