drank Monkey-Picked Oolong by Teavana

This is the most I’ve ever paid for tea, and it was worth it. I tried it in the store and really liked it, and when I got home I brewed a cup of this in my dragon yixing pot. I had previously brewed silver needle white tea in this pot 2 or 3 times, and I’m afraid my palate is not well developed enough to know if this changed the taste. If it did, then it was for the better – the liquor is clear and golden in color, and the smell is refreshing and grassy, vegetal. So far so good! Just now tasting it, it is crisp, clean, and fresh. This tea is definitely a self-drinker, which I do not say very often. Out of curiosity I added some of my organic white honey and it slightly sweetened the tea but it is definitely not necessary. I was just experimenting!

It may be because I brewed it in my yixing pot for my silver needle, but the taste does remind me of silver needle and some of the finer green teas I have tasted. Since I’ve bought my yixing pot a couple years ago, I’ve learned that I prefer oolong over white teas, so this is why I have changed my mind on what type of tea to brew in this pot. However, it is tempting to purchase a monkey yixing pot, just for the fun of it :)

I’ve been drinking loose leaf teas for about 4 years and really enjoy the sense of contentment it brings to my busy life. I suppose tea is an experience you inherently have to slow down and enjoy, as it quiets the mind and allows you to hear more readily. I am also interested in Buddhism, yoga, meditation, and psychotherapy.

Here are some of my favorite teas:

Organic Silver Needle White Tea (Teavivre)
Bailin Gongfu Black Tea (Teavivre)
Buttered Rum (DavidsTea)
Gyrokuro/Gyrokuro Genmaicha (Teavana)
Apple Green Tea (Indigo Tea Company)
Strawberry Festival (Indigo Tea Company)
Mom’s Apple Pie (David’s Tea)
Jasmine Dragon Phoenix Pearls/Rooibos Tropica Blend (Teavana)

Eagan, Minnesota