drank Monkey-Picked Oolong by Teavana

I’m on my second infusion of this tea, which is more astringent than the first. The flavor is also less smooth, and overall less preferable to me. I’m going to try and brew it without my yixing pot to see if that’s affecting the flavor.

Jenn

I can’t help but imagine little monkeys picking tea. It always makes me smile :)

Honey

I read somewhere that tea pickers would throw things at the monkeys who were sitting in the trees, and the monkeys would pick the tea leaves and throw them at the people in return. Since those leaves were at the top of the trees, I suppose it was a very creative way of getting the leaves picked! It’s a good thing the monkeys didn’t throw something else in return… :)

Comments

Jenn

Honey

I’ve been drinking loose leaf teas for about 4 years and really enjoy the sense of contentment it brings to my busy life. I suppose tea is an experience you inherently have to slow down and enjoy, as it quiets the mind and allows you to hear more readily. I am also interested in Buddhism, yoga, meditation, and psychotherapy.

Here are some of my favorite teas:

Organic Silver Needle White Tea (Teavivre)
Bailin Gongfu Black Tea (Teavivre)
Buttered Rum (DavidsTea)
Gyrokuro/Gyrokuro Genmaicha (Teavana)
Apple Green Tea (Indigo Tea Company)
Strawberry Festival (Indigo Tea Company)
Mom’s Apple Pie (David’s Tea)
Jasmine Dragon Phoenix Pearls/Rooibos Tropica Blend (Teavana)

Eagan, Minnesota