I was looking through my cupboard and noticed how I’ve only “logged” it twice. I’ve had this tea so many times it’s nearly impossible to count. From all the chai teas I have tried so far, this one is my go-to kick start as fall becomes more and more chilly. It has a nice amount of spice without being overpowering, and it comes out consistently good (which is more than what I can say about Teavana’s Masala Chai, which I think is now cancelled). I’m glad they came out with this one though. As far as I can tell, the spices are nicely balanced and it’s not overpowered by cinnamon, so if you’re looking for a cinnamon predominant chai go for the Maharajah Chai Oolong (that one will knock your socks off!!). I tried this tea with a splash of vanilla almond milk earlier this week and it was wonderful :)

I’ve been drinking loose leaf teas for about 4 years and really enjoy the sense of contentment it brings to my busy life. I suppose tea is an experience you inherently have to slow down and enjoy, as it quiets the mind and allows you to hear more readily. I am also interested in Buddhism, yoga, meditation, and psychotherapy.

Here are some of my favorite teas:

Organic Silver Needle White Tea (Teavivre)
Bailin Gongfu Black Tea (Teavivre)
Buttered Rum (DavidsTea)
Gyrokuro/Gyrokuro Genmaicha (Teavana)
Apple Green Tea (Indigo Tea Company)
Strawberry Festival (Indigo Tea Company)
Mom’s Apple Pie (David’s Tea)
Jasmine Dragon Phoenix Pearls/Rooibos Tropica Blend (Teavana)

Eagan, Minnesota