drank A Chestnut Chai by Adagio Teas

Wait a minute- a chai that’s supposedly nutty, chocolatey, and vanilla-ee? It certainly sounds great, and the loose leaf tea smells wonderful. I had to wait for a sneeze attack to subside before tasting this one – darn allergies!

This tea is neither tasty nor chocolatey. Maybe that’s some vanilla in there, but it just tastes watered down and blegh. I even added extra tea because it’s a personal habit. It has a weird chesnutty taste and my mouth is a little “spiced” afterward, but it is overall not very good. I will continue to give all the Adagio teas I’ve bought a fifth or sixth chance in hopes that they redeem themselves, but at this point I swear the reviews on their website are fake or planted or something. None of them have tasted like much of anything.

TeaBrat

bummer :(

Comments

TeaBrat

bummer :(

I’ve been drinking loose leaf teas for about 4 years and really enjoy the sense of contentment it brings to my busy life. I suppose tea is an experience you inherently have to slow down and enjoy, as it quiets the mind and allows you to hear more readily. I am also interested in Buddhism, yoga, meditation, and psychotherapy.

Here are some of my favorite teas:

Organic Silver Needle White Tea (Teavivre)
Bailin Gongfu Black Tea (Teavivre)
Buttered Rum (DavidsTea)
Gyrokuro/Gyrokuro Genmaicha (Teavana)
Apple Green Tea (Indigo Tea Company)
Strawberry Festival (Indigo Tea Company)
Mom’s Apple Pie (David’s Tea)
Jasmine Dragon Phoenix Pearls/Rooibos Tropica Blend (Teavana)

Eagan, Minnesota