Got my order from Teavivre today :D And I received this as one of my samples. I have tried this one before but it was when I was first exploring the wonderful world of pu-erh. So hopefully I’ll like this one a bit more then the last time. I’ve been playing around with my gaiwan today and thought I’d do multiple steeps for this tea. So here it goes!
10s rinse
1st at 10s:
The flavor is light but it’s good. It’s woodsy and sweet. There is a bit of a smokey flavor to it.
2nd at 10s:
The liquor is certainly darker. The aroma is strong and very earthy. The flavor kind of reminds me of a cigar. It’s musky, earthy, and a bit smokey.
3rd at 10s:
The liquor is a dark, velvety brown now. The aroma has lightened but it’s still pretty earthy. It’s turned very smokey and musky. There is a bit of a sweet, floral note coming through, though.
4th at 15s:
The liquor is starting to lighten up a little bit. The aroma is earthy and sweet. The flavor is earthy and has a bit of a floral\sweet note to it. This is actually my favorite so far.
5th at 20s:
This steep is mellow and quite enjoyable. The aroma is sweet and earthy. Much lighter than the last two. The flavor is sweet and earthy. A tiny, tiny bit of floral comes through.
6th at 30s:
This one is much like the first. It’s light. It has more of the earthiness to it but still has that sweet note to it.