This Pisces blend from Adagio was one of the first loose leaf teas I’ve ever bought. I don’t recall if I’ve had it before, but a recent inventory and cleaning out of my tea cabinet showed that I hadn’t even tasted it.

This blend is an odd mix of rooibos, orange black tea, and chamomile. There’s also a few orange rinds thrown in to add a citrus note.

Now it may just be the proportions, but the rooibos overpowered the black tea, which is perhaps a good thing (all the caffeine with none of the kick). But then, there’s chamomile. Combined with the orange rind, there’s a slight citrus aftertaste.

It’s not a bad tea, but it’s not good either. It’s just OK. I could probably get the same effect with a bag of Lipton and a strip of orange peel.

inguna

This blend has been discontinued. The new Pisces (The Zodiac Series) blend sold in a tin is a completely new blend. I hope you would like that one better :)

Karsh

Thanks for the comment! I don’t see the new blend here on Steepster, but I do see it on Adagio (after doing a search). I’ll have to try this out!

Comments

inguna

Karsh

OG blogger (c. 1997), web designer, tech entrepreneur, early adopter, tea aficionado, live event and TV show master tweeter.

Atlanta, GA