drank Rose Tea by Golden Moon Tea

“Over the years I got to be quite a connoisseur of soap. Though my personal preference was for Lux, I found that Palmolive had a nice, piquant after-dinner flavor – heavy, but with a touch of mellow smoothness. Lifebuoy, on the other hand…”

+5 cool points to you if you recognize the quote.

So I generally don’t dig black teas. I love white teas, and I’m crazy about oolongs. Tisanes are nice too. Black teas usually don’t float my boat unless it’s a smoky lapsang souchong or a chai blend. Golden Moon might’ve just won me over with this rose tea. As I opened the package, the smell of fresh-cut roses immediately hit my nose. The aroma is intoxicating and subtle. I brewed it up, and much to my surprise, that same subtlety carried over to the cup. I took the first sip (and sniff), and only one thing came to mind.

Palmolive soap.

This tea has a very soapy mouthfeel. And honestly, I don’t know if that’s a good or bad thing, because I gulped this cup down and brewed up a second one. (No, my mom didn’t wash my mouth out with soap, but the earlier quote immediately came to mind when I finished the cup.) It certainly doesn’t have the astringency and bitterness that usually comes with a black tea. I’d be tempted to probably buy this one.

Would that make me a soap lover?

__Morgana__

I didn’t recognize the quote, but I looked it up. Does that give me at least a plus one, or does it put me in the negative category? ;-)

Karsh

LOL! +1 for you, definitely!

Janefan

A Christmas Story (or the short story it was based on, by Jean someone…) ? The kid picked up swearing from his father, so probably got his mouth washed out?

Comments

__Morgana__

Karsh

LOL! +1 for you, definitely!

Janefan

OG blogger (c. 1997), web designer, tech entrepreneur, early adopter, tea aficionado, live event and TV show master tweeter.

Atlanta, GA