drank Golden Osmanthus by Lupicia

Wow, this was so good! I don’t even know what osmanthus smells like and I was a little nervous about the prospect of tasting it without even that reference point, but I had absolutely nothing to worry about and ultimately I wish I had more of this than just a sample. The initial flavor didn’t wow me that much—I mean, it was good; it’s a light and refreshing oolong with a clean taste, but it didn’t really stand out, but then this gorgeous full smooth aftertaste that I’ve never had from an oolong before showed up and now I wish I could make my one-teabag sample last longer. I don’t know if I’m going to buy more right away, but I’m definitely considering doing so in the future.

MJ is 23, plays with arts and crafts and words and meanings, and prefers a side of tea with her lovely rainy days.

I’m a big fan of Japanese greens and of dessert-flavored black teas. Oolongs too, but my love affair with them has been dying, although I could pretty much subsist on Kwan Yin. Also, I will pretty much automatically love anything with popcorn in it, despite not liking actual popcorn.

Not a huge fan of chai or jasmine.

I’m really fond of seasonal teas, so I’m likely to give something a try if it’s specifically for spring or fall or what have you.

I should mention that I am a complete newbie, despite my enthusiasm, and that I probably sound like I know far more about tea than I actually do.

Mad props to ZenTea for keeping me sane and being delicious.

Atlanta