drank Da Hong Pao by Harney & Sons

This must be why people like oolongs! My initial affair with Kwan Yin left me really surprised when it seemed like every other oolong just tasted like wood, nothing, or nothing with a clean aftertaste of wood, but Da Hong Pao is quite tasty. It’s definitely got the clean, woodsy taste characteristic of oolong, but with more…I don’t know, flavor to it? It’s fuller and fruitier than, say, formosa oolong, and I like it infinitely better. There’s also a sort of sweetness to it that I didn’t really get from other non-flavored oolongs. I am a fan.

MJ is 23, plays with arts and crafts and words and meanings, and prefers a side of tea with her lovely rainy days.

I’m a big fan of Japanese greens and of dessert-flavored black teas. Oolongs too, but my love affair with them has been dying, although I could pretty much subsist on Kwan Yin. Also, I will pretty much automatically love anything with popcorn in it, despite not liking actual popcorn.

Not a huge fan of chai or jasmine.

I’m really fond of seasonal teas, so I’m likely to give something a try if it’s specifically for spring or fall or what have you.

I should mention that I am a complete newbie, despite my enthusiasm, and that I probably sound like I know far more about tea than I actually do.

Mad props to ZenTea for keeping me sane and being delicious.

Atlanta