drank Chocolate Rose by Culinary Teas

This is the second time I’ve gone “Oh, what the hell” and bought tea for myself for Valentine’s Day, and it seems to work out splendidly every time. That said, I don’t want to imply for a second that this is any degree of subtle. It’s EXTREMELY rose. Like, straight up, if you don’t like rose, you will HATE this, it’s basically just like drinking a bouquet of them.

What makes me like it so much is that the chocolate part actually is subtle, and manages to accomplish “subtle but definitely present” rather than “the description calls it subtle but what that actually means is I can’t flipping taste it at all”. The chocolate comes in right after the rose is done kicking you in the tongue and makes the whole experience a lot better by being muted and sweet and cocoa-y and blending with the rose extremely well.

MJ is 23, plays with arts and crafts and words and meanings, and prefers a side of tea with her lovely rainy days.

I’m a big fan of Japanese greens and of dessert-flavored black teas. Oolongs too, but my love affair with them has been dying, although I could pretty much subsist on Kwan Yin. Also, I will pretty much automatically love anything with popcorn in it, despite not liking actual popcorn.

Not a huge fan of chai or jasmine.

I’m really fond of seasonal teas, so I’m likely to give something a try if it’s specifically for spring or fall or what have you.

I should mention that I am a complete newbie, despite my enthusiasm, and that I probably sound like I know far more about tea than I actually do.

Mad props to ZenTea for keeping me sane and being delicious.

Atlanta