This is more or less one of my fallback teas. I think it’s delicious and I plan on buying more once my tin runs out, because genmaicha is one of my favorite things and gyokuro is another. I was wondering if Teavana had any genmai, so I checked and MY GOD, NOT ONLY DO THEY HAVE GENMAI, IT IS ALSO GYOKURO. AT THE SAME TIME. I was not disappointed.

I was kind of worried that the nice toasty genmai part might get lost in the vegetal (look at me, learning tea words!) taste of the gyokuro, but it didn’t! The gyokuro just brought it out more. I really hope Teavana doesn’t discontinue this, it’s like giving your mouth a hug.

MJ is 23, plays with arts and crafts and words and meanings, and prefers a side of tea with her lovely rainy days.

I’m a big fan of Japanese greens and of dessert-flavored black teas. Oolongs too, but my love affair with them has been dying, although I could pretty much subsist on Kwan Yin. Also, I will pretty much automatically love anything with popcorn in it, despite not liking actual popcorn.

Not a huge fan of chai or jasmine.

I’m really fond of seasonal teas, so I’m likely to give something a try if it’s specifically for spring or fall or what have you.

I should mention that I am a complete newbie, despite my enthusiasm, and that I probably sound like I know far more about tea than I actually do.

Mad props to ZenTea for keeping me sane and being delicious.

Atlanta