drank Sencha "Chiran" by Lupicia

Maybe I’m just not as good at tasting the subtle difference between senchas as I ought to be, but this basically tastes like Kanaya overall. It smells sweeter, though, and less like nori, which isn’t bad! at all! They’re just delicious in different ways.

There’s something interesting going on at the back of the mouth, though, that Kanaya didn’t have. They both have the astringent kick (I guess this is just a sencha thing, all you Japanese tea aficionados can laugh at me now), but this is sharper. I think it’s just a fuller flavor without being overpowering.

I’m going to have to try more types of sencha to see if I can learn to separate their flavors better. This is another tasty one, though! Too bad my only sample is gone now.

MJ is 23, plays with arts and crafts and words and meanings, and prefers a side of tea with her procrastination.

I’m a big fan of Japanese greens and of dessert-flavored black teas. Oolongs too, but my love affair with them has been dying, although I could pretty much subsist on Kwan Yin. Also, I will pretty much automatically love anything with popcorn in it, despite not liking actual popcorn.

Not a huge fan of chai or jasmine.

I’m really fond of seasonal teas, so I’m likely to give something a try if it’s specifically for spring or fall or what have you.

I should mention that I am a complete newbie, despite my enthusiasm, and that I probably sound like I know far more about tea than I actually do.

Mad props to ZenTea for keeping me sane and being delicious.

Atlanta